Making Offline seat with Online seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Offline seat with Online seat

How can I make Online PC-DMIS seat into Offline seat?

We have a CMM that is down and we are trying to program on the PC that is going to run the CMM. However, when I open PC-DMIS, machine start is needed. Since CMM is down i cannot start the machine and i cannot do anything in PC-DMIS. It would be very helpful for us if we could program on that PC.

Thanks

See this link (http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...an-Online-Seat) it should help you out.
    DeWain Hodge

Comment

Thanks DeWain, i have tried that with no luck.
      However, we would like to use features from the newer release than 3.5 if possible.

Comment

Nano, I recommend getting an offline license, if your company has a tight schedule. Costly? yes. but so is downtime. With all the new licensing wizardry available in new PC-DMIS, why not make the leap?
        Actually, there was a 'bug' in a relatively recent release candidate of Demon allowing one to install it even if your SMA was older than dirt. THAT one got fixed in a jiffy......
        the other issues, well... they'll get to 'em as time permits.
        Personally? I think in the new licensing extravaganza, the coders could include a way to recognize the (broken) CMM, and if down? you're still licensed to program offline.
        my 2¢.......

Comment

Nano, I recommend getting an offline license, if your company has a tight schedule. Costly? yes. but so is downtime. With all the new licensing wizardry available in new PC-DMIS, why not make the leap?
          Actually, there was a 'bug' in a relatively recent release candidate of Demon allowing one to install it even if your SMA was older than dirt. THAT one got fixed in a jiffy......
          the other issues, well... they'll get to 'em as time permits.
          Personally? I think in the new licensing extravaganza, the coders could include a way to recognize the (broken) CMM, and if down? you're still licensed to program offline.
          my 2¢.......
          sealevel
          We have one offline seat, 2 online seats and 2 portable seats. One of the online seats is new (couple months), but the new cmm has been down for couple of months also. All i want is a working machine from hexagon, if not all the way, maybe just so i can work in PC-DMIS while they get us another new cmm.

Comment

Then you had better talk directly to Hexagon, I'm sure they could give you a time limited offline license (with the online turned off), while the CMM is being fixed.

There is no way to run a 'modern' PC-DMIS offline if you only have an online license.
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Then you had better talk directly to Hexagon, I'm sure they could give you a time limited offline license (with the online turned off), while the CMM is being fixed.

There is no way to run a 'modern' PC-DMIS offline if you only have an online license.
              Tried that too, but until yesterday we did not get an answer from hexagon.
              Now they say they will get us a trial version.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Comment