One version to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One version to another

Is there any documentation out there provided by Hexagon that states, if something written in a previous version would still be calculated or aligned in the same manor in a newer version of software as the original written file.

Originally posted by R2ah1ze1l View Post
    Is there any documentation out there provided by Hexagon that states, if something written in a previous version would still be calculated or aligned in the same manor in a newer version of software as the original written file.
    No they don't, and no it doesn't between some versions. Since you don't know and might not catch these differences, I do not run programs in versions they were not written in.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      No they don't, and no it doesn't between some versions.
      All I can say is it might CRASH!!

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Since you don't know and might not catch these differences, I do not run programs in versions they were not written in.
      I have found that if you open a program up with a newer version immediately save back to the version it was written in BEFORE running it and you will have fewer problems and you must run through it slowly and keep your hand over the E-stop.
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Run it offline first.
        check everything out after running it offline first.
        save it in the new version.
        run it offline again and recheck.
        then put it somewhere near a cmm and do what dwade says
        Roses are red
        Violets are glorious
        Don't try to sneak up
        On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Although I currently use 2009 MR1, many of our existing programs were written in 3.7 and all work fine in the newer version. I have always found that PCDMIS will give me a pop up text window letting me know that methods of calculation for certain features have changed so it's never a surprise. Of course you can not retrograde a program to an earlier version. I also practice running the first time offline as it lets me see any surprises that there might be. I am always cautious with any program that I have not written myself since there are so many styles of programming that can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by R2ah1ze1l View Post
            NO. And if there was? You'd find it in the EULA when installing. And it would most likely be an optional module for your portlock. Read that agreement carefully. It guarantees pretty much nothing except a replacement CD if the disk is defective. Better off going with the advice given above. And going in reverse (back-save) is even more fun......

Comment

Thanks folks! Appreciate the help

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X