Inserting Instruction Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting Instruction Command

I'm attempting to insert a command to open up an instruction page for our Operators. Currently, an instruction page with pics and instructions are written in Word, then imported. Once the program is running, the instructions are no longer needed, not to mention increasing the program size with pictures.
    A while ago, someone had posted a code for opening pictures by a Yes or No answer. I've never used these commands before, so needlessly to say I fumbled through and finally have this working...somewhat. Once the Demon is started, the picture automatically pops up regardless of the code. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong? We are using ver 2012mr1. TIA

C1 =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=NO,
    DO YOU NEED TO SEE THE SETUP PICTURE?
    IF_GOTO/C1.INPUT== "YES",GOTO = CS1
    IF_GOTO/C1.INPUT=="NO",GOTO = NOPIC
    CS1 =FORM/FILENAME= C:\CMM PROGRAMS\PRG 14\TEST FORM.FORM
    PARAM/=
    ENDFORM/
    NOPIC =LABEL/

SETUP =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=NO,
    DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE SETUP PHOTO?
    IF_GOTO/SETUP.INPUT=="NO",GOTO = NO SETUP
    INSERT EXTERNAL OBJECT HERE
    NO SETUP=LABEL/

Right after the IF GOTO line insert an external object that references the file you want to open.
    Last edited by JamesMannes; 05-09-2013, 03:37 PM.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thanks James. Can you insert any type of external command or does the instruction have to be in .form format?

Comment

Here's how I do it. You can add pretty much anything, pics, video, sound, spread sheet...

Code:
        C1         =COMMENT/YESNO,NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,AUTO-CONTINUE=NO,
                    Would you like to view the setup documentation?
                    IF/C1.INPUT=="YES"

(insert-->report command-->external.  Set document as link, click icon radio button and toggle the element with F3 to the appropriate setting.  see "External Objects" in help)

END_IF/
        2012 CAD++ MR1
        Brown & Sharpe ONE
        PH10T

Comment