Probe Description help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Description help

I need to build a probe tip, 5by70MM. In my probe description pulldown I see some tips labeled 5by50MM and 5by50MM_CF.....what is the CF? I have a 5by75MM_CF in the description pulldown, but I don't know what the CF is, and I want to have a 70MM not 75mm. How can I add a tip to this pulldown?

Need help fast
    Last edited by D-Train; 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM.
    sigpic "Marine" ... a title that is earned by few........never given.

CF is carbon fiber, which means a larger shank than steel.

You want a 20mm extension followed by your 5x50 tip.

That is if you are in fact using a 5x50 tip. You could have a 5x10 or 5x20 tip and the coresponding length of extensions.

What in fact did you use to build your 5x70 stylus?

HTH
    Last edited by Wes Cisco; 05-08-2013, 11:24 AM. Reason: addtional info + queries, not quite as fast
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

I have two 30MM extensions on my STD Module, with a 5x10 tip. For a total of 70MM. This connects to my TP20.

Comment

But I don't have 5by70 in my description, just 5by75. I want to add and use the 5by70. IF POSSIBLE????

Comment

Originally posted by D-Train View Post
          I have two 30MM extensions on my STD Module, with a 5x10 tip. For a total of 70MM. This connects to my TP20.

So your build should be :

tp20
          ext 30mm
          ext 30mm
          5x10 tip

each time you choose an element of the build that is not the tip a new line appears below for the next element.

HTH & fastly enough.

Comment

But I don't have 5by70 in my description, just 5by75. I want to add and use the 5by70. IF POSSIBLE????

You could create a custom 5x70 tip file for pc-dmis to use, but that is not what you are actually using. You are using 2 30mm extensions and a 5x10mm tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post

So your build should be :

tp20
              ext 30mm
              ext 30mm
              5x10 tip

each time you choose an element of the build that is not the tip a new line appears below for the next element.

HTH & fastly enough.
              YES.....thank you that helped a LOT.....I needed two 30MM extensions then a 5by10mm tip.....

I was going straight from the TP20 to a 70mm Tip that was not in there......Thanks A LOT Wes

Comment

YES.....that is exactly what I need. Thanks A LOT....when you show it like that it clicked in my head how to do it in the builder. I was trying to go straight from the TP20 with a 70mm tip that did not exist. I need to add two 30mm extensions before my 5by10 tip

Thanks so much for the fast help Wes

Comment

YES.....that is exactly what I need. Thanks A LOT....when you show it like that it clicked in my head how to do it in the builder. I was trying to go straight from the TP20 with a 70mm tip that did not exist. I need to add two 30mm extensions before my 5by10 tip

Thanks so much for the fast help Wes
                  You are most Welcome. Happy Wednesday!

Comment