Cad model keeps disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cad model keeps disappearing

Hello. I have just installed PC-DMIS 2012. I started a new program and imported a .step file. Everything appeared normal, but when I closed and reopened the program, the CAD model had vanished. I imported the model again and saved the program, but when I close and reopen the program, the CAD model is gone. For now, I have gone back to Version 4.3, which behaves normally using this .step file as CAD. Any suggestions regarding Version 2012 would be appreciated.

Do you have the level turned on???
    Out of all the things I've lost.... I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by olderjeep View Post
        Do you have the level turned on???
        I have this problem with a few parts as well, where would I check the level to make sure it is turned on?

Thanks
        sigpic "Marine" ... a title that is earned by few........never given.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc12345 View Post
          Hello. I have just installed PC-DMIS 2012. I started a new program and imported a .step file. Everything appeared normal, but when I closed and reopened the program, the CAD model had vanished. I imported the model again and saved the program, but when I close and reopen the program, the CAD model is gone. For now, I have gone back to Version 4.3, which behaves normally using this .step file as CAD. Any suggestions regarding Version 2012 would be appreciated.
          Can you let me know what the problem is when you get it fixed, I will do likewise for you.

Comment

Hello,

I'm also using PC DMIS 2012. I have never encountered this problem so far. However when I import a 3D model in PCDMIS, I always use .IGES files. And so far, it's been a success. Have you tried to import with IGES?

Comment

We use IGES files in my shop. I have noticed at the offline seats, I never get a dissapearing cad model, however when I go to an online seat to run a program, the cad file aswell disappears. ONLY with 2012MR1 SP(most current), none of our other pc-dmis versions behave this way.

Comment

F5 - check Use program layout for execution
                Global S Blue 12.15.10 HH-AS-T2.5 / HP-S-X1h |PC-DMIS CAD++|Quindos7 CAD; Leitz Reference Xi 15.9.7

Comment

Originally posted by alexandre-PCDMIS View Post
                  Hello,

I'm also using PC DMIS 2012. I have never encountered this problem so far. However when I import a 3D model in PCDMIS, I always use .IGES files. And so far, it's been a success. Have you tried to import with IGES?
                  We do use IGES....very little do we import a STEP file unless it's the only model available, which some customers only give us.

Comment