Probe changer trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe changer trouble.

Probe changer is a SCR200 on a global image running PCDMIS 3.7mr2. Operator just came to me & said the probe changer is going to low when it is trying to drop off the probe. I removed it by hand then tried to pick up another probe & same thing. It goes about .500" to low. The probe changer was hooked up when I got this job so I know nothing about how these things are set up. Can someone point me in the right direction on what could be wrong & how to fix it.
    MIKE OXLONG

Sometimes that happens to my probe changer. I have an ACR1 probe changer. First I would rehome my machine. Make sure that when you rehome your machine the xyz values should all be at about zero. If that doesn't work you will probably have to recalibrate your probe rack.

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaal56 View Post
      Sometimes that happens to my probe changer. I have an ACR1 probe changer. First I would rehome my machine. Make sure that when you rehome your machine the xyz values should all be at about zero. If that doesn't work you will probably have to recalibrate your probe rack.
      +1
      calibration of an SCR200 rack is pretty straightforward. There's a canned routine (or should be) under Edit|Preferences|Probe Changer. Click on the 'Calibrate' tab on top of Probe Changer dialog box..... and just follow the prompts.......

Comment

I had this problem with a SCR-600, even I had calibrate it. I just change manually Z value in each slot, and it works fine !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
          I had this problem with a SCR-600, even I had calibrate it. I just change manually Z value in each slot, and it works fine !!!
          +1

I have a MRS system with FCR25's mounted (for interchangability with the sp25 scanning cmm's) on it and no sp25 to calibrate it.
          (when you run the auto calibrate routine it asks for an sp25)
          I just use a the tp20 that's on the cmm and adjust the z height accordingly.
          Roses are red
          Violets are glorious
          Don't try to sneak up
          On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

After you have recalibrated the tool changer and you have it running smoothly, it is best to record each slot's X,Y,Z coords.
            Then if this ever happens again you have a great reference to get you back to running again.
            Sometimes the slot locations need tweeking if the tool changer gets moved, make sure you update the new coords.
            sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
            PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Comment

Backup, backup, backup.
              You should have a backup of your settings etc. stored off the cmm pc anyway.
              Roses are red
              Violets are glorious
              Don't try to sneak up
              On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Be sure to clean your scales before homing. You may be losing counts from dirt on the scale.

Comment

Originally posted by VONDY View Post
                  After you have recalibrated the tool changer and you have it running smoothly, it is best to record each slot's X,Y,Z coords.
                  Then if this ever happens again you have a great reference to get you back to running again.
                  Sometimes the slot locations need tweeking if the tool changer gets moved, make sure you update the new coords.
                  and backup your files, as is also stated here.

One additional note though, the toolchanger information is stored in a file called TOOLC.DAT. Where that file resides depends on your OS, but in Windows 7 for example it is found in c:\ProgramData\WAI\PC-DMIS\2012 (for version 2012 of course). No matter how many racks you have, or what type, their information will be in that file. It is not a text file that you or I could read, but the software reads it in to know where the racks are and what the slots hold, etc. Of course, every time you re-calibrate it writes new information to that file.

Comment

Hi, I have a ACR1 autochancher and I have a trouble, in the ACC2 the stop led is turn on and I can't use. I try to calibrate the ACR1 but doesn't work, the error still.
                    Last edited by barmenda; 04-23-2014, 05:47 PM.
                    B & S XCEL 7-10-7
                    B3CLC Controller
                    PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
                    TP20 & TP2 Probes
                    Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
                    Datapage RT 3.33

sigpic

Comment

ACR1 Trouble

I have a ACR1 and I can't use because in the ACC2 the stop led is turn on. What's this error means? How I can fix it?

Regards
                      B & S XCEL 7-10-7
                      B3CLC Controller
                      PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
                      TP20 & TP2 Probes
                      Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
                      Datapage RT 3.33

sigpic

Comment

Did you tried to re-boot controller ?
                        Check all the wires, and check if the acr1 is ok 5 I don't know about acr1, but on the tesastar r, there's a security on the changer that send a e-stop to the controller)

Comment

You need to align your rack to the machine axis, procedure is described in the pdf file under the following link: http://resources.renishaw.com/en/det...-system--45191

It is recommended to use the probe supplied with the rack for the calibration. As I remember that is a plain D2L20 probe.

Comment

Originally posted by barmenda View Post
                            Hi, I have a ACR1 autochancher and I have a trouble, in the ACC2 the stop led is turn on and I can't use. I try to calibrate the ACR1 but doesn't work, the error still.
                            The ACR-1 has a built in anti-crash system built into the base of it, if you over travel the unit in a crash it will go into an error state. Typically, this will cause an e-stop situation but not always. When you over travel on the anti crash, it can become stuck too so you might have to try and move the unit physically to get it off the safety switch. My memory isn't 100% but if you reset it on the ACC2, and you can't get it out of an error state then it's probably jammed on the limit switch inside the ACR-1 or you've broken the return springs.
                            Systems Integrator
                            Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fuller View Post
                              When you over travel on the anti crash, it can become stuck too so you might have to try and move the unit physically to get it off the safety switch. My memory isn't 100% but if you reset it on the ACC2, and you can't get it out of an error state then it's probably jammed on the limit switch inside the ACR-1 or you've broken the return springs.
                              Peter, could you maybe be a bit more specific on how to 'unjam' the limit switch? Our ACR-1 lights are showing overtravel error and E-stop. The PH10 came in to drop off a tip but the screw driver did not release the tip... instead it tried to move up to go pickup the next tip, lifting the entire ACR-1. Not sure why it took so long for the E-stop to kick in. anyway, was able to clear/reset the rack by simultaneously pressing reset on the ACC2 and sliding a port cover open (i think that solution is mentioned in the Renishaw ACR-1 programmer/installation manual)
                              So, I went to lunch intending to re-calibrate the rack upon my return... but the overtravel and E-stop error lights had returned in my absence
                              Any advice on how to locate/free up that limit switch and check return springs would be greatly appreciated! Or worst case, maybe we'll have to RBE it........
                              (i know this thread is old but figured if i bump it that maybe the cavalry will arrive )

Comment