Pc-Dmis with Leitz PMM-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc-Dmis with Leitz PMM-G

I would like to talk about Pc-Dmis with Leitz PMM-G. I am having multiple issues with Pc-Dmis and my PMM-G. Such as Software, communication, accuracy of readings. The Inability to calibrate complex probe configurations, extremely diminished accuracy with more complicated probes. The measurements I’m trying to achieve push the limit of the machines capably (i.e. probe length, weight, feature tolerance)
    What I would like to know is: Are there any other users around working under the same conditions. I am receiving fantastic service from Hexagon, but I would like to share stories as well as solutions with programmers whom have had to work thru this. Moreover I would like to know if this is a wide spread problem or a local one.

Maybe PMM-G is designed for quindos... A good solution should be to "talk" to the CMM from PC-DMIS by I++ to quindos...

Comment

I agree that is an issue. But short of revamping to accommodate Quidos, what can I expect to see with Pc-Dmis. Is Quidos the most effective software for this machine?
      Last edited by Michael W; 03-11-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Quindos and Leitz are developed together for many years, you can't forget it... But if you know PC-DMIS with a good level, it should take a long time to learn Quindos at the same level. I think I++ can be a good solution in this case, you could ask about it to your local hexagon tech...

Comment

Thank you very much. I will

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W View Post
            I would like to talk about Pc-Dmis with Leitz PMM-G. I am having multiple issues with Pc-Dmis and my PMM-G. Such as Software, communication, accuracy of readings. The Inability to calibrate complex probe configurations, extremely diminished accuracy with more complicated probes.
            No experience with the PMM-G, but we had the same issues with zeiss carat and prismo. I would add to your list - error recovery problems, no ability to manage a probe rack with complex probes and increased program run times when compared to native software.

We have been using the I++ interface on these machines for about 2 years now. It addresses the problems. It adds a layer of complexity in that the operators must interface with 2 software packages but this is manageable.

Comment

If you want to use really weird probe builds, 8 way star probes at weird angles for example you will find that Quindos is set up better to cope with this. Personally I would return to Quindos and get some training, its painful but maybe better long term.
              3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

Originally posted by Liambo734 View Post
                If you want to use really weird probe builds, 8 way star probes at weird angles for example you will find that Quindos is set up better to cope with this. Personally I would return to Quindos and get some training, its painful but maybe better long term.
                One of the benefits of the DME interface is that probe calibration is handled by the server side of the interface. So probe calibration capabities would be identical to quindos.
                Last edited by DJAMS; 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJAMS View Post
                  One of the benefits of the DME interface is that probe calibration is handled by the server side of the interface. So probe calibration capabities would be identical to quindos.
                  Yes but Quindos isn't Pcdmis. The DME interface may link both calibration routines but the programming required to achieve it is still software specific. Quindos and Leitz Cmm's where build to handle complex probe set ups. There are things that Quindos will do with ease and Pcdmis will struggle with. Quindos was designed with the difficult parts in mind, gears, blades etc. There a very few if any Cmm softwares that can match the capabilities of Quindos!
                  Last edited by Liambo734; 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM.
                  3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

Michael, What ver. software are you using? Depending on the probe configuration you are using some of it could be in the software. We had all kinds of problems w/ the registry setting because the help menu isn't correct for the PMM. We do a lot of scanning, it took us about 4+ weeks to get our machine correct and measuring ok. I must say Hexagon in the past has been excellent, but this time they really miss the mark w/ us. We use very complex probing so I may be able to help. sent PM. Was your machine calibrated in Quindos or PCdmis?
                    Dale
                    v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by Liambo734 View Post
                      Yes but Quindos isn't Pcdmis. The DME interface may link both calibration routines but the programming required to achieve it is still software specific. Quindos and Leitz Cmm's where build to handle complex probe set ups. There are things that Quindos will do with ease and Pcdmis will struggle with. Quindos was designed with the difficult parts in mind, gears, blades etc. There a very few if any Cmm softwares that can match the capabilities of Quindos!
                      I certainly won't argue with you about the power of quindos.

However, your comments about probe calibration indicate that you do not have a good understanding of the dme interface. No probe calibration is performed in pcdmis at all.

Comment