Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use two diffrent versions

Hi All

Just loaded 3.7 Mr2, what is the best way to set this up so we can run both 3.5 Mr2 and 3.7 Mr2?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Eric Williams
    Hi All

Just loaded 3.7 Mr2, what is the best way to set this up so we can run both 3.5 Mr2 and 3.7 Mr2?

Thanks for your help.
    I would recommend using 3.7mr3 due to the amount of fixes applied in that latest ver.

Both ver 3.5 and 3.7 can be loaded into separate dir's but both will share the same registry settings unfortunately. Specifically the "search path" (edit>preferences>set search path) for the probes, programs, alignment recalls, import, export.....etc

when switching from each other you will need to reset/re-enter the correct search paths if you want to have the previously mentioned items remain separate from each other (recommended).

Just remember to have all your probes caliblrated if they are duplicated and reside in different folders. It is unfortunate that the probe file will also be updated if a 3.5ver probe is run in 3.7 so that is the reason for separating them.

I tried to do just this (2 ver thing) for a while and found it more trouble than it's worth. Just my opinion.
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

I agree with Mike. MR3 has alot of bugs removed that are in MR2. It runs much smoother. Once you use and get familiar with 3.7 MR3, you may never want to use 3.5 again!
      sigpic

Comment

What are the real advantages to 3.7
        I am running 3.5
        DR Watson shut me down again !!!! :mad: Smoke break:eek:

Comment

Also, make two folders in your program file. If you make it in 3.7 you have to "save as" and change the version to the lower version and put in the 3.5 file
          sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Just one quick thing that changed is move points. You can set it so that it only takes say "100 mm" move before or after or both, using a particular feature
            sigpic

Comment

I went thru this very thing with B&S and was told that it is an on-going issue that has not yet been addressed. I was told that wilcox's attitude seemed to be that you should only use the latest software. Makes you wonder if they read this site much.
              I agree that using one or the other is best. I've also run across some weird stuff with the probe files which occasionally cause me to have to rebuild (a pain) them if I switch from one version to another.
              We have 3.5 mr2 and 3.7mr3 and MM4. Sometimes when I get really frustrated, particularly with the output, I go back to MM4. Although after some in house training with Jim's company I feel a lot more comfortable and we figured out how to output some of our stuff the way I want it. Need to stop now before a rant rears up.
              When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

See post "COMP.DAT, DOWNL.OAD, SYSPARAM.DAT... ", see Matt's comments.

Comment