Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH9 Alignment

Hi all!

I just got a replacement PH9 after my other one crapped out. What is the best method for aligning the PH9 to the CMM?

Thanks,

Tim
    Thanks a million!

Tim

Put a LONG extension in the head, rotate it to A90B0. Place 'something' on the table, slowly move the machine back and forth watching the gap between the extension and the 'something', twist as needed, when it is good, tighten up the mount all the way.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Put a LONG extension in the head, rotate it to A90B0. Place 'something' on the table, slowly move the machine back and forth watching the gap between the extension and the 'something', twist as needed, when it is good, tighten up the mount all the way.
      You could also double check the setting by following what Matt has described above & then come in from the opposite side with A90B180 & the 'gap' you leave between probe & 'something' should be the same for each probe’s position.
      Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
      Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! Now, re-read your post while looking at your avatar...

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TKOFaith View Post
          Thanks! Now, re-read your post while looking at your avatar...
          Every night!
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Poleaxe View Post
            You could also double check the setting by following what Matt has described above & then come in from the opposite side with A90B180 & the 'gap' you leave between probe & 'something' should be the same for each probe’s position.
            Thanks, Poleaxe! That makes a lot of sense!
            Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment

Another way to do the alignment is to take a pencil and put the eraser in one of the holes on the rock, shift 90-180 and move the center of the probe over the pencil tip, raise the probe up enough to clear the pencil and shift 90-0 and see if the tip is still centered on the pencil when you move the probe in one axis.
              sigpic Eye Yam Sofa King We Todd It.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Kilpatrick View Post
                Another way to do the alignment is to take a pencil and put the eraser in one of the holes on the rock, shift 90-180 and move the center of the probe over the pencil tip, raise the probe up enough to clear the pencil and shift 90-0 and see if the tip is still centered on the pencil when you move the probe in one axis.
                And they said the pencil was obsolete! I'll give that one a try too!
                Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment