Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ph9/ph9a

Greetings!

Can anyone tell me if a PH9A Probe Head is compatible with a PHC9 Probe Head Controller? I currently have a PH9.

Thanks!

Tim
    Thanks a million!

Tim

Yes, the ONLY difference between the heads is that the PH9A has the 'quick-change' mount system. Not a RACK quick-change, but still a 'quick-change' system.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Yes, the ONLY difference between the heads is that the PH9A has the 'quick-change' mount system. Not a RACK quick-change, but still a 'quick-change' system.
      Wow! Thanks for the quick response and the information. I'd have been in a world of hurt if they weren't compatible. Boss man would not be happy!

Thanks again!

Tim
      Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TKOFaith View Post
        Wow! Thanks for the quick response and the information. I'd have been in a world of hurt if they weren't compatible. Boss man would not be happy!

Thanks again!

Tim
        I have two PH9 and one PH9A, they works just fine on the same controller. HOWEVER, they are not the same 'build' probe-wise. If you are getting this as a back-up, I would suggest you make duplicate programs since the probe file for the PH9 will have a different length than the PH9A and have one program PH9 and one PH9A. The PH9A uses a quick-change adaper to get back to the 8mm threads that the PH9 has, and the adapter is like 25mm long, so it will add that to the over-all build length.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          I have two PH9 and one PH9A, they works just fine on the same controller. HOWEVER, they are not the same 'build' probe-wise. If you are getting this as a back-up, I would suggest you make duplicate programs since the probe file for the PH9 will have a different length than the PH9A and have one program PH9 and one PH9A. The PH9A uses a quick-change adaper to get back to the 8mm threads that the PH9 has, and the adapter is like 25mm long, so it will add that to the over-all build length.
          Ouch! That's gonna screw me up on a few programs with tall parts. I knew I'd have to change the probe build, but I didn't realize there was extra length.

Thanks for the extra info!

Tim
          Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment