True position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True position

hello all. i am having an issue dimensioning true position. the dimension calls for true position .010" max material condition to datum -h-/ datum -b- regardless of feature size/ and datum c. the problem is when i enter the tolerance for the holes called in the true position is (+.004/-.000) and then set up the feature control frame, there is no where to edit other features diameters. so the diameter for datum B is showing up on the report as +.004/-.000 when it should be +.060/-.000. i am using version 4.2, legacy dimensioning is off for this part of the program only as this is something new we are trying.

did you define the datums?
    once a diameter is defined as a datum, you can modify the tolerances, and/or feature bonus.
    well not the bonus itself, but what is allowed.
    XYZ_IJK
    pc-dmis 2012 mr1, 2013mr1
    calypso 5.4 sp1

Comment

I suspect that Datum B was not reported with it's' size limits prior to the features you are trying to dimension.
      sigpic
      I am fluent in three languages:
      English, Sarcasm & Profanity.

Comment

Yes datums are defined and yes datum b is one of the first things to get measured so it is reported before the true position. but what do mean " size limits"??

xyz_ can you be more specific. maybe im skipping an important step. how can i modify the tolerances of a defined datum? that may be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Onehot82 View Post
          Yes datums are defined and yes datum b is one of the first things to get measured so it is reported before the true position. but what do mean " size limits"??

xyz_ can you be more specific. maybe im skipping an important step. how can i modify the tolerances of a defined datum? that may be the problem
          is it actually reported and not just measured? with the proper tolerance? in the advanced tab of the FCF block you will find where you can tolerance it.
          XYZ_IJK
          pc-dmis 2012 mr1, 2013mr1
          calypso 5.4 sp1

Comment