auto circle problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • auto circle problems

    I am running 4.2 cad ++. When I try to auto circle I get an error : machine out of tolerance. It is showing the wrong diameter of the circle after I take the hits in the circle. Also the Z is off. It is showing a point below my granite table. I have shut down and rebooted 5 to 6 times. I can construct the circles (holes) manually and eveything works fine. When I try to auto circle and hit test the proble freezes with the out of tolerance message. Has anyone seen this before. Is there a temp file somewhere that I need to delete or clear?

    Rusty

  • #2
    Working with no Cad?

    When doing feature learning (auto circle) make sure you first take 3 initial hits on the surface to define the vector, followed by 3 hits (minimum) inside the circle.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

    Comment


    • #3
      I have done all of that. I always take the hits on the surface and the before and after setting is a .500"

      Comment


      • #4
        Obvious but what's the depth set to?
        Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

        Comment


        • #5
          Also I never use the Test button - it was added in for vision systems where you need to tinker with edge detection settings etc, shouldn't make a difference though.

          Also check that you've not got some large pitch setting in there somehow.
          Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

          Comment


          • #6
            Z vector set as negative?
            Mnfctr: Hexagon,
            Model: Global B Perf,
            Hardware: Control FBII,
            Software: PcDmis CAD 2010MR3
            PH10MQ, TP20, Leitz equipped

            Comment


            • #7
              I am having a problem with auto circle where it approches the hole hesitates then goes in and takes the 1st, 2nd and 3 hits but when it goes to take the 4th hit it quickly goes back to where it took the 3rd hit and alarms out. The hole before it does just fine but when it does this one it does this act??? Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?? I compared this hole to the 1 before it and they are exactly the same!!

              Comment


              • #8
                0-360?
                XYZ_IJK
                pc-dmis 2012 mr1, 2013mr1
                calypso 5.4 sp1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Check the IJK Angle values (next to vector). This define the start and end. Make sure they are perpendicular to the vector.

                  i.e. vector is 0,0,1 the angle 1,0,0
                  sigpicIt's corona time!
                  737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I know this is not what you want to hear but try redoing the bad hole either in Auto or paste and copy the previous hole if there are no changes in clearance planes just change your XYZ to the new hole location. For whatever reason sometyimes things get coruppted in the background and there is no way to fix them.
                    Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

                    This software isn't buggy its an infestation

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by xyz_ijk View Post
                      0-360?
                      I have 0-360 already! But thanks anyway!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Roberto View Post
                        Check the IJK Angle values (next to vector). This define the start and end. Make sure they are perpendicular to the vector.

                        i.e. vector is 0,0,1 the angle 1,0,0
                        Roberto here is the code:
                        IR44 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                        THEO/<35,98,7>,<0,1,0>,4.134
                        ACTL/<34.959,98,7.0029>,<0,1,0>,4.3266
                        TARG/<35,98,7>,<0,1,0>
                        START ANG=0,END ANG=360
                        ANGLE VEC=<-1,0,0>
                        DIRECTION=CCW
                        SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=YES
                        VOID DETECTION=NO
                        REMEASURE=NO
                        SURFACE=THICKNESS_NONE,0
                        MEASURE MODE=NOMINALS
                        RMEAS=NONE,NONE,NONE
                        AUTO WRIST=NO
                        CIRCULAR MOVES=NO
                        CLEARPLANE=NO
                        GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS=NO
                        FEATURE LOCATOR=NO,NO,""
                        SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
                        NUMHITS=4,DEPTH=0,PITCH=0
                        SAMPLE HITS=0,SPACER=0
                        AVOIDANCE MOVE=BOTH,DISTANCE=25.4
                        FIND HOLE=DISABLED,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                        SHOW HITS=NO
                        CIR39 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                        THEO/<17.5,98,10>,<0,1,0>,12.1
                        ACTL/<17.5,98,10>,<0,1,0>,12.1
                        TARG/<17.5,98,10>,<0,1,0>
                        START ANG=0,END ANG=360
                        ANGLE VEC=<-1,0,0>
                        DIRECTION=CCW
                        SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=YES
                        VOID DETECTION=NO
                        REMEASURE=NO
                        SURFACE=THICKNESS_NONE,0
                        MEASURE MODE=NOMINALS
                        RMEAS=NONE,NONE,NONE
                        AUTO WRIST=NO
                        CIRCULAR MOVES=YES
                        CLEARPLANE=NO
                        GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS=NO
                        FEATURE LOCATOR=NO,NO,""
                        SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
                        NUMHITS=4,DEPTH=0,PITCH=0
                        SAMPLE HITS=0,SPACER=0
                        AVOIDANCE MOVE=BOTH,DISTANCE=25.4
                        FIND HOLE=DISABLED,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                        SHOW HITS=NO
                        Like I said the hole before it works but the one after it doesn't??? Any suggestions?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gatorgirl59 View Post

                          Roberto here is the code:
                          IR44 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                          THEO/<35,98,7>,<0,1,0>,4.134
                          ACTL/<34.959,98,7.0029>,<0,1,0>,4.3266
                          TARG/<35,98,7>,<0,1,0>
                          START ANG=0,END ANG=360
                          ANGLE VEC=<-1,0,0>
                          DIRECTION=CCW
                          SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=YES
                          VOID DETECTION=NO
                          REMEASURE=NO
                          SURFACE=THICKNESS_NONE,0
                          MEASURE MODE=NOMINALS
                          RMEAS=NONE,NONE,NONE
                          AUTO WRIST=NO
                          CIRCULAR MOVES=NO
                          CLEARPLANE=NO
                          GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS=NO
                          FEATURE LOCATOR=NO,NO,""
                          SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
                          NUMHITS=4,DEPTH=0,PITCH=0
                          SAMPLE HITS=0,SPACER=0
                          AVOIDANCE MOVE=BOTH,DISTANCE=25.4
                          FIND HOLE=DISABLED,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                          SHOW HITS=NO
                          CIR39 =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                          THEO/<17.5,98,10>,<0,1,0>,12.1
                          ACTL/<17.5,98,10>,<0,1,0>,12.1
                          TARG/<17.5,98,10>,<0,1,0>
                          START ANG=0,END ANG=360
                          ANGLE VEC=<-1,0,0>
                          DIRECTION=CCW
                          SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=YES
                          VOID DETECTION=NO
                          REMEASURE=NO
                          SURFACE=THICKNESS_NONE,0
                          MEASURE MODE=NOMINALS
                          RMEAS=NONE,NONE,NONE
                          AUTO WRIST=NO
                          CIRCULAR MOVES=YES
                          CLEARPLANE=NO
                          GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS=NO
                          FEATURE LOCATOR=NO,NO,""
                          SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
                          NUMHITS=4,DEPTH=0,PITCH=0
                          SAMPLE HITS=0,SPACER=0
                          AVOIDANCE MOVE=BOTH,DISTANCE=25.4
                          FIND HOLE=DISABLED,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                          SHOW HITS=NO
                          Like I said the hole before it works but the one after it doesn't??? Any suggestions?
                          I just fired it up this morning and ran it again and to no avail! It is giving me a 0169, Unexpected E-0-T,Z error!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lee Johnson View Post
                            I know this is not what you want to hear but try redoing the bad hole either in Auto or paste and copy the previous hole if there are no changes in clearance planes just change your XYZ to the new hole location. For whatever reason sometyimes things get coruppted in the background and there is no way to fix them.
                            Lee thanks I have already tried that! I add these 7 holes yesterday after I had already ran the other holes. They all ran fine. Then I programmed the other 7 holes and it keep doing the same thing. I have posted the code above if you would care to take a look at it! Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just reprogrammed that one hole and it got to the last hit and didn't go back to the third hit it just sat there and gave me the same alarm!

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X