X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP of a Tab

Good Morning,
    I have a simple question:
    On my print, there is a TP callout for a tab width. How is this dimensioned?
    In the FCF there is the TP symbol, 1.5M, To Dat A, B, C. The leaders or arrows are pointing ot both sides of the rectangular shaped tab.

Thanks in Advance,
    A.Gore
    sigpicA.Gore

from your description without seeing the print this appears to be a unilateral true position callout. measure the tab in relation to the basic dim in one direction (axis). report this and include mmc for the size of the tab. that should do it.
    sigpic
    Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

Comment

I would view that as the centerline with the bonus of the width deviation
      sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

tru-pos

Originally posted by Mike N.
        I would view that as the centerline with the bonus of the width deviation
        exactly!
        sigpic
        Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

Comment

I concur with George

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I would consider it as possibly treating this as a symmetry

Comment

Rich,

The position callout is used to allow for MMC application. If my old gray head recalls correctly, symmetry doesn't include material modifiers in the FCF.

It's been a while since I read anything on this so if I'm wrong (again) have some mercy, folks

TK
              sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I see this often in the parts we run. From reading posts from Matt, John Boy and others I create a generic circle using each side of the tab. This puts the circle CL on the tab CL. Then dimension the True Position of the generic circle giving me the MMC of the tab. This has always worked for me.
                Perry
                B&S Mistral
                3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

Alton,
                  This would control the axis, or median plane. It is called a bi-directional positon, not unilateral. It is not symmetry. Symmetry controls the median "point cloud" (see 14.5).
                  I'd construct a middle plane, and dimension it as TP. You didn't shown any msterial condition modifier's - so I would ASSume rfs....
                  Hope this helps,
                  Kev
                  RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                  sigpic

Comment