TP20 EM2 Probing (or lack thereof) issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP20 EM2 Probing (or lack thereof) issue

So, I come in this morning to an email from our 2nd shift operator, one of our probes fitted with an EM2 module will not register hits at all. He used it for 2 piece parts (same program), switched programs and upon reaching the qual. sphere, gets the error message "TR_MOV01,Movement Interupted !". I'm having the same issue today. Before starting the prehit on the sphere, I get the Movement interupted message. I have restarted and homed the machine, tried different programs, and built a new probe file, but nothing works. All other probes are working fine, including one with an EM2 module. I've never had this problem before, what caused it? What is the fix?

If you have more than one EM2 module, try swapping them out. It sounds like this module has registered it's last hit and is ready for an RBE (Repair/Replace By Exchange).
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

The problem is the other EM2 is used for a disk probe, and we would spend alot of time swapping back and forth. The one that is not working is only about a year old. Surely these things SHOULD last longer than that. I would suppose crashing would be the culprit?

Comment

Originally posted by tjackson2 View Post
        The problem is the other EM2 is used for a disk probe, and we would spend alot of time swapping back and forth. The one that is not working is only about a year old. Surely these things SHOULD last longer than that. I would suppose crashing would be the culprit?
        I am only saying swap it out to test the problem build with a different module as a way to "proove" the module is either bad or not the problem. Like anything electro-mechanical, there are a number of components that can and do wear out over time. One could spend a lot of time speculating on what and why the component failed. I prefer to isolate the problem component and then repair or replace it and get back to beeping as quickly as possible.

sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Will do, Thank you

Comment