Not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not responding

Where do I begin if my machine won't initialize?
    I get thte error "machine not responding" ?

Check if the CMM moves with joystick (slow only before start), then check RS232 and tc-pip wires, then check com port settings... Then call Hexagon !

Comment

Not Responding

First shut down controller. Then turn back on wait a few minutes before opening PC-DMIS. If it still dont work say ok to machine not responding. Then close PC-DMIS wait a minute and try to re-open should ask you to do a machine start then press ok to home`. Other wise do what the guy before me said!

Comment

I don't know what type of machine you have but with both my Globals and Mistral, when first intializing the machine, watch your controller box lights. They should all be active at intial power up. HOWEVER, do NOT fire up the PCDMIS software until some of the lights on the controller box go out. Its a signal that the controller is now "talking" to your computer. This should take place from an intial power up in about 1-2 minutes. When some of the lights extinquish, fire up PCDMIS. If your lights won't go out, you may have an RS232 communication problem.
        Physics dictates to man why his world acts the way it does....Chemistry tells him why it smells the way it does.

Comment

Got it

Originally posted by Ravenmaniac View Post
          I don't know what type of machine you have but with both my Globals and Mistral, when first intializing the machine, watch your controller box lights. They should all be active at intial power up. HOWEVER, do NOT fire up the PCDMIS software until some of the lights on the controller box go out. Its a signal that the controller is now "talking" to your computer. This should take place from an intial power up in about 1-2 minutes. When some of the lights extinquish, fire up PCDMIS. If your lights won't go out, you may have an RS232 communication problem.
          Thanks for the input, However, it was the stupid GPIB interface settings. After years of working, somehow, they changed
          & wouldn't comunicate. Somewhere there is a parallel to men are from Mars & women are from...... Thanks again to all

Comment