Graphics Display Window Automation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Display Window Automation

For both our customers and for internal inspection reports we use printouts of the Graphics Display Window. I would like to do two things: print the graphics display window to an .xps or .pdf file automatically after execution for storage and compiling reports and then offer a prompt during part execution to print the graphics display window as well. The prompt for printing is not as important as the writing to an .xps file. My initial plan for this was to write a batch file or basic script but I am running into a lot of trouble finding resources to help with this. Has anyone written code for this before? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I did something a while back which used a small commandline program to capture the graphics display window to a JPG.
    It is located over at C M M Guys.com though (not available here).

I don't know if it is possible to capture the graphics display through automation - if it isn't, I wish it will be.

http://tinyurl.com/cadcapvpt
    Last edited by vpt.se; 10-31-2012, 04:36 PM.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

got it

I think I figured it out. Although there is no way to do this natively withing PC DMIS that I could figure out.I installed a Autohotkey and built a script to automate the process to get a Graphics Display Window printout and save it as an .xps file to a folder. I am putting it through it's paces currently to see if it will hold up to multiple programs and daily use. If anyone is interested in the script PM me for code.

Comment

Well, you should really post it in a new thread in the code samples section, even if noone PM's you for it.

I know I would appreciate if you did.
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
          Well, you should really post it in a new thread in the code samples section, even if noone PM's you for it.

I know I would appreciate if you did.
          +1

So would I.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

As soon as I have made the code modifications to run with PC-DMIS I will get it to the code samples section.

Comment