Controller not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller not starting

2005 B&S Image 7-7-7 with DEA controller. Today we had a blackout/power loss. Entire facility went dark (during program execution). Ok, power came back on after a 20 second or so delay. Only thing is, I cannot resurrect the machine. The controller won't start, and am positive there is power to it. Is their a (magical) 'reset' button inside the box? Or am I/company pretty much screwed?
    Thx for any insight. (this machine is getting moved to our new facility in a few weeks) but if it turns out machine/controller is hosed, then a good time to lobby for a sister Advantage 7-10-7 for the one already moved. The Advantage is mucho better than the Image....

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
    2005 B&S Image 7-7-7 with DEA controller. Today we had a blackout/power loss. Entire facility went dark (during program execution). Ok, power came back on after a 20 second or so delay. Only thing is, I cannot resurrect the machine. The controller won't start, and am positive there is power to it. Is their a (magical) 'reset' button inside the box? Or am I/company pretty much screwed?
    Thx for any insight. (this machine is getting moved to our new facility in a few weeks) but if it turns out machine/controller is hosed, then a good time to lobby for a sister Advantage 7-10-7 for the one already moved. The Advantage is mucho better than the Image....
    Have you checked the following "obvious" stuff :

Circuit breaker not tripped?
    Plug a radio or some other item into outlet to verify there is still juice to the socket?
    power strip not fried?
    When you turn the controller on do you hear the fan or anything to help rule out the controller's power supply?
    Shut down and unplug controller for 3-5 minutes, allowing any capacitors and circuits to completely discharge before plugging in and trying again.

I think if none of that gets you going, the 'best' you can probably hope for is that only the power supply in the controller took a hit. If it got any of the boards the repair bill will be quite large.

HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

thx for the reply, Wes.
      There is power to the outlet Also, no fan noise whatsoever. It's as if the controller was sitting there unplugged. It sat all day Sunday, and then I tried this morning. Still nothing.
      Guess it's time to call Hexagon. Boss will be thrilled!

Comment

There are FUSES in those boxes, not sure if you or your "people" are up to checking and replacing them if needed.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt, according to the nice picture on the inside of the door of the controller, I pulled the one fuse listed and had it checked. It passed. BUT, we got our electrical guru down here and seems he found a bad one... a 'slow blow' he called it. Gonna try to find a replacement and hope for the best......
          UPDATE:
          that was it....6 1/4 amp 250v.
          Back in business.
          Thank you all for your help!!
          Last edited by sealevel; 10-22-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

just a note...

DO NOT PUT A REGULAR FUSE IN THERE... IT WILL BLOW AS SOON AS YOU POWER UP...

Slo-Blo fuses are hard to find but I keep spares when you do find them

Comment

thx for the tip, ytilauq..... will definitely only use the slo-blo. Finished out today still up....so far, so good....

Comment