Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring cone depths at specified diameters

Hi,

I'm a new user of PCDMIS and I'm having trouble checking a dimension called out on a print. Basically, what I've got is a cone at a certain angle, and then at a given diameter, there is a depth dimension called out from a separate plane on the part to the cone. For example, the cone is 138 degrees, or 21 degrees off the flat, and there is a plane not connected to the cone. There is a depth diameter that measures from the plane to the point on the cone where the diameter is 9 inches. I've been able to measure the cone and determine that the angle is correct, and I can create the plane and I can construct a 9 inch circle. But I dont know how to project the circle onto the cone, or whether or not I'm even thinking about the measurement correctly. Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated.

Steve

Use. Construct circle
    Select Radio Button for Cone
    Select appropriate field
    select Cone feature

This will Construct a Gage Diameter at a specified Diameter or Height of Cone

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Construct a circle by intersecting the cone and the plane.
      Lately, it occurs to me
      What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by dph51 View Post
        Use. Construct circle
        Select Radio Button for Cone
        Select appropriate field
        select Cone feature

This will Construct a Gage Diameter at a specified Diameter or Height of Cone
        Perfect, I guess I didn't understand the construct circle. I had been trying to use the "projection" feature rather than the "cone" feature. Thanks so much.

Comment

You are welcome.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment