Graphics Display window...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Display window...

Is there a way to display only the "out of tolerance" IDs in the graphic display window? I am taking hundreds of points on some press tools. I'd like to show the press Mgr what areas are out clearly & quickly. It is getting to be a bit of a chore, manually removing the "In tolerance" IDs. Im using 3.5 BTW.

As always, any comments are gratefully recieved.

F
    Recently jumped from 3.5 Mr 2 CAD
    to 2012 CAD++

In the graphics window? The only thing that I can think of - which i've done before, is to hide all ID's, then, in the edit window, show only out of tolerance dimensions. Go into the features dropdown, and manually pick the out of tolerance points and show ID's.
    sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

Though I don't think what you want to do can be done at present I do think this might help.
      Have you triedturning on the Graph and upping the Mult to a point that shows it well. This has been my best way so far of doing some what what your asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested
        Though I don't think what you want to do can be done at present I do think this might help.
        Have you triedturning on the Graph and upping the Mult to a point that shows it well. This has been my best way so far of doing some what what your asking.

Please excuse my ignorance as I am pretty much a novice with Dmis. I know how to turn the graph on but could you please explain "upping the mult"?

Cheers in advance

F
        to 2012 CAD++

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer
          Is there a way to display only the "out of tolerance" IDs in the graphic display window?....
          I think this is possible via a VB script using PC-DMIS's automation capabilities.

You may want to register with the Wilcox site (if you haven't already) and download the show_ot_labels.zip script from the Custom Script Repository. From the description of the script:
          "This script was written for v35. It starts by hiding all the labels on the CAD window, then checks for Location Tolerances in a part program, and turns on the label display for any feature in which at least one axis is reported as out of tolerance."
          That script was witten in v3.5, but I've tested it in 4.1 beta and it seems to work with legacy dimensions.

Hope this helps,
          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
          [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Thanks Jared, I wasn't even aware of that site (I am now!!). It's excellent. That script does exactly what I needed.

Thanks again!

F
            to 2012 CAD++

Comment