Execution Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Execution Problem

After I run a part the execution icon and the execution command from the drop down list are not accessible. If I close the program and reopen I can execute it again.

Running CAD ++ 3.7MR1
    I might not love my job, but I love the ones it feeds!

Can you use the shortcut keys to start the execution?

Comment

Look to see if the Hyper-report button is depressed. Upgrade to a newer version if possible.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Does the execute options dialog box remain after the execution routine is complete? If it is it is "still executing". There may be a command it is having problems with or a corupt condition if that is the case. I have found issues when program lines are reached that define and recall viewsets if the graphics screen is not maximized.

Craig
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

The shortcut is Control + U pressed simultaneously. Execution will begin where the cursor is located.

There are several "bad" versions of pc-dmis out there, and only few good ones. (Unless you are a Hexagon employee, then they are all good.) I would only use 3.2063, 3.5MR2, or 3.7MR3. I think the jury is still out on 4.1. If your SMA has lapsed and you can't go to 3.7MR3, I highly recommend reverting to 3.5MR2. I do not know that the problem you are having is version related, but it very well could be. HTH
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco
            The shortcut is Control + U pressed simultaneously. Execution will begin where the cursor is located.

There are several "bad" versions of pc-dmis out there, and only few good ones. (Unless you are a Hexagon employee, then they are all good.) I would only use 3.2063, 3.5MR2, or 3.7MR3. I think the jury is still out on 4.1. If your SMA has lapsed and you can't go to 3.7MR3, I highly recommend reverting to 3.5MR2. I do not know that the problem you are having is version related, but it very well could be. HTH
            I believe there is a shortcut to start execution at the beginning of the program too. I don't remember what it is and am not anywhere near my machine right now.

Comment

Ctrl + Q. However if his execution button is not enabled there is something going on that Ctrl + Q will probably not cure. If his program is hung up on a line that is not able to execute he will get no error and his execute options dialog box will have nothing in it. I would suggest finding out if there is a particular line of code this occurs on.

Craig
              Last edited by craiger_ny; 09-15-2006, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Are you printing to RTF files?

Our systems take next to forever to do that. While it is printing, it will sit there like a deer in the headlights.
                http://baggy3.info/signani3.gif
                Excercise your mind,..... muscle works better than fat!!

Comment

Check to see that the program has actually ended. I've seen before where a comment has been added accidently to the end of a program and the inspector will sit there trying to figure out what's wrong

To me it sounds like your program is not ending properly. Check your code.
                  I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                  PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Barriage
                    Are you printing to RTF files?

Our systems take next to forever to do that. While it is printing, it will sit there like a deer in the headlights.
                    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...er_ny/1Rep.png Rep for that, I did not think of that one. I bet that is it. There is a good chance anyway. He might want to consider network issues as well.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for the input, been out on the floor since I posted the message.
                      After I restarted the second time it started working again. I was sending everything to Datapage then printed my results. The "Advanced" Quality Engineer didn't like it becasue it didn't have the red and green on the report.
                      So I turned the print option back on and it's acting up again. **** Desk Jockeys
                      I might not love my job, but I love the ones it feeds!

Comment