Pc-Dmis Cad ++ 2011 Perfomance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc-Dmis Cad ++ 2011 Perfomance

The Pc-dmis becomes almost non responsive and I have to restart it many times during the day. Its a new computer.
    It has Windows 7 SP1, Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 64bit Operating System.
    When Pc-dmis slows down the CPU usage goes up to 25% and that is just Pc-dmis itself. When it I restart it the CPU usage stays around 8%.
    Why is this happening? Is there a fix for this? I never had this problem when I was using XP.

I have Windows 7 Professional, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 4.0 GB-RAM, 64 Bit operating system with a 454GB Hard Drive. I have never had any trouble at all with computer or machine running slow. I have been using this one for about a year, and it has never slowed down, crashes, or been non-responsive. It doesn't sound to me like a PC-DMIS problem....It sounds like a computer settings problem. You said it was a new computer. If you are on a network, maybe you should try disconnecting from it, or at least check your auto-update features and so forth. Also, alot of anti-virus software will continuously scan and slow things down. I would first try disconnecting from the network if you are on it, and see what happens. I stay on the Network all the time with absolutely no issues, but maybe you have some settings that are slowing things down. HTH
    The reason everyone doesn't succeed is because a method has not yet been devised where a person can sit down and slide uphill

Comment

Antivirus?
      Graphics card?
      OpenGL settings in PC-DMIS?
      Type of CMM?
      Connected to the Internet?
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Do you have a dedicated graphics card, or are you using on-board graphics?

Only advice I have is make sure all PC settings are set for "best performance" and not "best display" or whatever-its-called.

Comment

Hello guy!

I use two pcs with pc-dmis 2011 mr1. The mainly pc has win 7 64 bits 4gb ram with a good cpu. And the other pc has win xp 2gb ram with a poor cpu. However in the both pcs pcdmis 2011 works perfectly.So its a tested version maybe it isn't so tested like 4.3 or another older versions but it should run fine in any pc.

So you should check your settings.

Your windows 7 admin settings .
          Your pcdmis instalation
          Your graphic card in your pc
          Also you have to avoid work with programs which are stored in a server. Use your hard drive and you will improve the performance of pc-dmis. (Specially in the large programs)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Andrews View Post
            ... it has never slowed down, crashes, or been non-responsive....
            It's false!!loool Sorry but i don't believe that you never have seen a crash of your pcdmis. In my working place sometimes pc-dmis 2011 mr1 crashes.It's obviously that It isn't a perfect software but win 7 still less.
            It's rarely but it happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Believe it or not.....I have never had PC-DMIS 2011 MR1 crash on me. I have also never had 2010 MR2 crash on me either. I have only been writing programs for about a year now, but it's the truth. I hear the pros say with normal restarts and good simple programming techniques that you can avoid crashes for the most part. I guess I must be doing something right.....(Knock on wood!!!!!)
              The reason everyone doesn't succeed is because a method has not yet been devised where a person can sit down and slide uphill

Comment