Anyone running Modus on Brown and Sharpe controller with Iplusplus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running Modus on Brown and Sharpe controller with Iplusplus?

I am attempting to run Modus on our Global with I++. I am having trouble getting Modus to recognize the machine. Has anyone out there done this?

i knew a guy who knew a guy who's sister did that one time, besides that i'm not sure

Comment

I have seen pcdmis on an I++ controller but not the other way around.
      Renishaw will have to supply an interface to enable the software to talk to the controller.
      B&S controllers are not I++ compliant.
      Roses are red
      Violets are glorious
      Don't try to sneak up
      On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

B&S controllers are I++ compliant you just need a lisence key with the I++ module. I have been working with Renishaw to solve the issue.

Comment

PCdmis has an I++ module for use on I++ controllers.
          You may be right that the latest and greatest b&s controllers may be I++ compliant but none of the older ones are.
          Our latest hexagon cmm (6 month old DEA global with rotary table) is not I++ compliant and wont talk to anything other than hexagon software.
          We currently have pcdmis 2011mr1 and quindos6 running on it and that was a pain to get right.
          Roses are red
          Violets are glorious
          Don't try to sneak up
          On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

PCDMIS can have 2 I++ roles:
            - Server - use 2012Custom or 4.2MR3/MR4 - you also need the I++ OPTION. It runs with Q7/Metrolog/Cosmos/Metrosoft ... etc - Modus still a problem since it looks like this client is well tailored to UCC server (Specific Tool properties ...)
            - Client - Almost any version since 4.x has a client, current client version is 1.90 - Drives I++ servers from the other CMM brands. Incompatible with I++ OPTION, of course.

Comment

Just curious, before I start a new post...

Is PC-DMIS compatible with MODUS? I am helping out another company whom have both. I wrote the first program for them using PC-DMIS, but the recently bought a new CMM with MODUS. Before I start from scratch, which I am afraid I might have to do, is there a way to get the original program form PC-DMIS to open in MODUS??

This would be a huge help!

Comment