Auto cone fails best fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto cone fails best fit

I have a family of parts that were programmed offline. They all have a tapered ID with a 5.67° included angle. When I measure using auto cone I get a "failed best fit calculation" message but if I manually measure the cone all comes out OK. I have tried to change the direction vector of the cone, the depth/height combinations and about anything else I can think of but I still get the error message.
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Is the possibly a piece of one of the surfaces is missing. I've had that happen and found that only by rotating my CAD to a very exact rotation could I even see it.

Comment

The CAD model is good. I've had this problem before with other parts but not to this extent. It is every time I run a part on any of the programs for this family.
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

Just an idea and it's not going to make it work, but, it might give you a answer. Try doing a scan on parts of the cone and set your find nominals tolerance quit small to see if they might be bad or just to far apart.

Comment

I can run the program if I use "feature>measured>cone" instead of the auto cone and the parts check good for the angle and diameters (gage diameter and height). We also measured the calculated thru diameter with pins and it is to size. I just can't get auto cone to run. I have even deleted the one in the program and inserted another at a different height and get the same thing.

I may take the part to one of our other CMMs and see if I get the same thing. It doesn't make any sense.
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

sir did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am having a similar difficulty

Comment