pcdlrn.exe hangs event id 1002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcdlrn.exe hangs event id 1002

Can anyone shed light on this issue. I am running 4.3MR1 on XPpro with Nvida 1700 and 4GB ram. System will run for days and then hang while in use or if left alone with a program open. It is showing event id 1002 application hang pcdlrn.exe in the Application Log. Thanks.

It could pretty much be anything from bad RAM to something you have installed and running at the same time as PC-DMIS.

Antivirus, perhaps?

Make sure you have an updated OS.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
      It could pretty much be anything from bad RAM to something you have installed and running at the same time as PC-DMIS.

Antivirus, perhaps?

Make sure you have an updated OS.
      Yes. I was just reading through the comments here: http://www.eventid.net/display-event...22-phase-1.htm and they seem to confirm what vpt states. Everything from poorly maintained OS to an outdated version of Google toolbar in IE.

Good luck with this one...

Comment

Thanks. I had reviewed the same eventid post you referenced. OS is fully up to date and current to all Windows Updates. Running SP3 with automatic updates on and IE8 with no additional toolbars. Previously uninstalled Symantec Corporate Antivirus and now running only Microsoft Security Essentials. Recently upgraded memory and this is happening on two different and exactly configured workstations. The event log error only names the pcdlrn.exe file as hanging, not IE or .NET or anything else. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Comment

Did this happen prior to the memory upgrade?

Comment

Yes it did.

Comment

We have fewer problems running PC-DMIS with SP2 than SP3…just saying.

Comment

If you check the event log, can you see any other messages occuring at the same time the PC-DMIS hang triggered?
                Maybe you can find any conflicting software events that way.

Comment

Thanks all. I will check the event logs more throughly for other conflicts. I did see on one workstation a .NET Runtime 2.0error. .NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 are all installed. We are also preparing to upgrade PCDMIS to version 2010 or 2011 very soon. Comments have been very much appreciated.

Comment