Air Hose off..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Hose off..

Im using a XCEL 9159. It sat for years before making its way here so Ive had air hose after air hose pop off. I usually reconnect it then zip tie it. This morning the hose that connects to the left side air bearing came off. Its almost impossible to get to. Is it a bad idea to losen the air bearing so I can get to the hose nipple???
    MIKE OXLONG

YES, it is a VERY bad idea to do that!

Get yourself some hemostats to re-connect the air line.

Then, on Monday, tell your boss that the machine will NOT keep running for very long unless they get it re-hosed. Just wait until one pops that you can not get to at all, then what do you do? Cheap hardware is cheap for a reason, you must expect to pay for repairs and fixes. TANSTAAFL!

Just imagine the damage that will be caused if you have an air-cylinder for the counter-weight and THAT hose pops off and drops the entire Z axis column right down to the table! CRASH!!!!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Your right, I work for a company that tries to cut every corner possible. Thats why my new machine runs V 3.0. I brought it up to him that we were going to have to get the thing rehosed. I got lucky with this one though. I got it on there one handed. Hopefully it will last.
      MIKE OXLONG

Comment

Originally posted by jaymunday View Post
        Your right, I work for a company that tries to cut every corner possible. Thats why my new machine runs V 3.0. I brought it up to him that we were going to have to get the thing rehosed. I got lucky with this one though. I got it on there one handed. Hopefully it will last.
        Sadly most companies are like that , most people dont know how touchy and tempermental CMM's are. I told my boss it was like a high maintenance girlfriend, from that point on I've had no problems getting service.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjosh View Post
          Sadly most companies are like that , most people dont know how touchy and tempermental CMM's are. I told my boss it was like a high maintenance girlfriend, from that point on I've had no problems getting service.
          When we first got our CMM, our QE named the machine after the girl I was dating.

His reasoning:

Fun to play with.
          Can be annoying as heII at times.
          Costs a lot of $$$$.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post

Fun to play with.
            Can be annoying as heII at times.
            Costs a lot of $$$$.
            Buuuwaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha
            a constant in that species ..................
            I AM the one who KNOCKS !

Comment

TANSTAAFL?

Matt,
              I have heard of FUBAR and Snafu and know what they mean but what does TANSTAAFL mean? Or dont I want to know?
              Actively looking to be a CMM guy again
              Previously 4.3 MR2
              XP OS

Is your problem a case of operator headspace?

Comment

TANSTAAFL:
                There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Robert Anson Heinlein, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  TANSTAAFL:
                  There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Robert Anson Heinlein, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.
                  How very true!

Thanks for the info.
                  Actively looking to be a CMM guy again
                  Previously 4.3 MR2
                  XP OS

Is your problem a case of operator headspace?

Comment