revert programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revert programs

I have a program that was built in 3.5 mr1 and it was run in our new 4.1. How can I convert it back to 3.5 mr1??

Well, the easiest way is for you to pull in your back-up copy. You DID back-up the program, right? Well, if not (SHAME ON YOU!) you can do a SAVE-AS from Pcdmis and in the drop-down on the SAVE-AS screen, you should be able to choose WHAT version of Pcdmis you will save it as.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

actually in 4.1 you can only save back to 3.7. so you would have to save to 3.7 then open the program in 3.7 and save back to 3.5.

Comment

And ONE MORE reason to do proper back-ups.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I do, but they are on the server and I can't get on there until 8:00 and couldn't "didn't want to" wait.

Comment

Originally posted by \v/inston
            actually in 4.1 you can only save back to 3.7. so you would have to save to 3.7 then open the program in 3.7 and save back to 3.5.
            No you can go back past 3.5 right from 4.1.

Comment

Well, how big is your hard drive? I do my own nightly back-up of all my files right to a partition on my hard drive (you could also just do it to a directory). I have 5 days worth of backups, all done each night (mon-fri), that I can go back to without going through IT.
              sigpic

Comment

Mine is only 175Gig. So we don't really have room for that many back-ups. Plus our policy is to the server so that no one will kill both of them, as we can't run them from the server we can only copy from there. I had it done that way so I won't fill my drive but more so I won't lose "or have someone change" a program and not be able to go right back to what it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested
                  No you can go back past 3.5 right from 4.1.
                  heh, your right i just didnt scoll down.

Comment

175 GIG! And you say it is not big enough! OHMYGOD, just how much stuff do you have on there anyway? Mine is 80 gig in 3 partitions, 40, 10 and 30. The 40 is the boot partition, the 10 is for the virtual memory (no fragmentation, please) and the 30 is where I back up my files.

AND, they also do nightly backups to the network server, but I trust myself more than I trust IT, so I do my own, that way, when THEY crash, I am still covered.
                    sigpic

Comment