Selecting multiple features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting multiple features

I need to check 122 same dia holes on part and I wonder how do I select all of them and program this holes. Its kind of a pain doing it one-by-one.
    Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
    sigpic

Use loop or copy and paste with pattern.

Comment

copy and paste

I copy then select second hole the paste pattern, but the second circle is at the same location as the first. Is there a way to select all holes then do autocirlcle? If not thats sucks.
      sigpic

Comment

First you need to set up your pattern. "Edit.... Pattern". You will need to enter what kind offset you want. If you want a linear offset then fill in the X and Y offsets or just X or Y. If your holes are in a diametric pattern then you'll need to fill in whatever angle they are supposed to be at.

After your pattern is set then you can copy the first circle in your program and then "paste with pattern". I'm guessing that your paste showed up in the same location because your "pattern" had not been set. Good luck!

Mike

Comment

The holes are not in any pattern they are "all over the place" so offset doesn't work, but I found the way to select the holes while autocircle dialog window open, I use cadselect to select all the holes then hit create. I found this way by accident. Thanx for the reply tho.
          sigpic

Comment

Do you have a CAD model? If you do, you can just use auto circles and then just group trap all of the holes you want to measure on the graphical layout. PC-DMIS will then start to check all of the holes you selected. The path that is selected doesn't always make sense, but, there is also a way to make these more effecient. I think they are in the auto features dialog somewhere, but, I don't remember as I use 3.5 MR2 still most of the time, but, F1 should tell you where it is. Either way that will beat the heck out of doing them one at a time, just make sure you have a clearplane set before doing that.

Otherwise, you are pretty much limited to creating a loop and doing an offset. This can be quick if you have a symmetrical pattern, but, if not you will need to accomodate for each group. Or, if you have a bolt circle type pattern, you could set the angle between the holes and the number of holes minus the first one you need to check and then paste the pattern. This works pretty well too, but, you need to make sure your hole pattern index is going to be set about the origin.
            DCCFreak

Comment

Originally posted by BANDY
              The holes are not in any pattern they are "all over the place" so offset doesn't work, but I found the way to select the holes while autocircle dialog window open, I use cadselect to select all the holes then hit create. I found this way by accident. Thanx for the reply tho.

You beat me to the punch. Good for you Bandy! That's the best way to go about it sometimes is just to play around. I usually do those sorts of things in offline though to avoid smashing anything.
              DCCFreak

Comment