Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection Planner Question

Im Looking Into Possibly Purchasing Software. My Question Is
    How Is It Working, And What Are The Advantages To Using It?
    Thank You
    Rl

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Im Looking Into Possibly Purchasing Software. My Question Is
    How Is It Working, And What Are The Advantages To Using It?
    Thank You
    Rl

Welcome

Since you gave us so much information.

It works good & has alot of advantages.

Do you have specific questions about the software and its capabilities.
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Why just purchase software? Do you have a CMM? What kind of software do you have now?

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob
        Welcome

Since you gave us so much information.

It works good & has alot of advantages.

Do you have specific questions about the software and its capabilities.
        I agree with Bob completely on this. Just put your CAD file in one end and you get a great looking CMM report comming out the other. GIGO !
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

My .02

I think this is an easy to learn software. It is a good starting point for most people that have some computer knowledge and know how things are measured. I learned on this sorftware and haven't tried anything else, so I might be one sided. I run 3.5MR2, and 3.7MR3
          B. Jacobs
          B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Oh, and whatever you do budget for some training whatever software you purchase. It is worth the money.

Comment

If you are referring to PCDMIS....it is a "love-hate" relationship,
              everyone on here "loves" what it can and does do, but there is a "hate" about the quirks and bugs...overall it is a great program to use

if you are referring to "Inspection Planner"...I don't believe you will find many users of it....it seems to be designed for the "engineers" to plan out how to inspect a part. Problem is, they don't have a clue as to manufacturing processes. I personally don't "plan" my inspections from the drawing since the part comes to me in various conditions prior to being a "completed" part.

welcome to the forum

bob
              Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
              sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
              Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

I've got pcdmis cad++ .I have been using it for about a year ,and love/hate is a acccurate statment. My boss wanted me to look into it. We do automotive work, and it seems that Inspection Planner is geared more toward design / engeneering .Does it help in saving inspection time.
                Last edited by [email protected]; 08-31-2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Ok, then my serious answer about inpection planner. If your organization has enough levels of bureaucracy that you are not consulted about this purchase, then the people who choose to buy this will think it is great. When it is presented to you, thank them, stick somewhere out of the way and keep doing what you have been doing. If you are being asked about this as part of the decision making process, it is not real hard to read thru salesspeak blurbs about the software and realize it is highly unlikely to perform in a careless painfree manner.

That is my $.02. You were overcharged. Refunds are against policy. We appologize for any inconvience caused by our greed and arrogance.
                  sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment