Has anyone had troubles installing 4.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had troubles installing 4.1?

I have installed 4.1 and I keep getting these .dll failed to load errors. There are about 4 or 5 of them that come up on install completion, then when PC-DMIS starts, the same 4 or 5 come up. I have been having issues with the reporting templates and sometimes PC-DMIS won't fully load at all. I am thinking that the dll errors are part of it. Has anyone had this problem, or does it seem to be a windows issue? I really want to use that new AIAG template!!!

Thanks,
    Brad
    DCCFreak

No problems installing 4.1.Everthing seems to work fine.

Comment

Sounds to me like a few files aren't getting installed or not installing properly. Did you try un-installing and re-installing 4.1?

Comment

yep, tried uninstalling twice. I even rebooted in between uninstall and re-install. I get the same errors.

I even extracted the setup files from the zip file just to make sure that nothing got left out. Is it possible that because the machine is on XP SP1 that may be an issue? I am going to try installing the SP2 files and see if it helps.

Anyone know if SP3 is ready yet? I heard some rumblings about it around a month ago. I don't know, maybe I will just get a new pc and see if that works!

Thanks again!
        DCCFreak

Comment

I had no problems installing. Went like charm. Sorry.

I first renamed my PCDMISW directory to something else. The I careated a brand spanking new PCDMISW directory and installed right into this directory. Had to copy a few files over and I was moving right along...

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment