cad equals part problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cad equals part problem

i had a program done using cad, and then try to create a local ref. sys. from measured features, everything worked good up to that point untill i hit part equals part, then my measured points separated fron the cad and cant get them back on.
    can someone help me?
    using pcdmis 2011

Your nominals for the measured features are wrong / your alignment is not the same as the models alignment.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o22.1 SP4

Comment

If you already have your datum alignment done (CAD=PART) and need a local alignment, do NOT use CAD=PART again, just set the local alignment and go from there.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

my problem is, i did used CAD+PART again, and now my program is not in relation to the cad model.
        how can i get the points to match the cad model again??????

Comment

Go back up the edit window until you get to the "good" alignment, then place the cursor at the end of the last line, and do a CAD=PART, it SHOULD re-set it to that alignment.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Humberto,
            Unfortunately Cad=part operation cannot be undone.

Try this: Delete the cad and re-import the original, execute "Only" the manual alignment portion (don't go further), then do the Cad=part. Let me know.
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Oops, Matt gave you a solution already...
              sigpicIt's corona time!
              737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

roberto:
                i think i blew it on this one, because my original alignment is not to the cad neither, i noticed it when i loaded the cad file again, so now even if i do what you ssugested it wont work, i may just have to start over.
                Last edited by humberto; 02-09-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

matt:
                  my problem is, i dont have a 'good' alignment anymore, everything got updated to the local ref. sys. once i did CAD+PART.

Comment

When your PC-DMIS alignment is matching the CAD alignment, do CAD-->Part.
                    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o22.1 SP4

Comment