Cone Angle /2 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone Angle /2 ???

I am measuring a cone using the autocone feature on a shaft ( 3 levels, 10 hits each level ) and would like to know how I can report the angle of the cone as it appears on the print. The print calls the angle out as 15 degrees from the taper of the cone to the straight OD section of the shaft. Using the cone angle measurement it reports 30 degrees or the conical angle (included angle). I have tried assigning a variable to the cone measured angle to calculate half of the measured angle to match the print, but it does not seem to be working. Any advise or examples on the best way to do this would be greatly appreciated !!

I am using version 4.2 MR3

Thank you in advance.

You might give the following a try.

ASSIGN V1=CONE1.A/2

where cone1 is the feature name of the cone you are wanting to report.
    the syntax isn't exactly right but its close, just play with the code a bit.
    you can then build a generic feature cone and where you define the angle just put in V1.
    Then report the angle of the generic feature.

There is prob. an easier way but this is what I used in older versions.
    If memory serves me right somewhere around ver. 2010 you now have a half angle option.
    trice
    4.3 mr1

Comment

Go to feature location,highlite your cone.Then at the bottom of box you will see location options,check half angle.

Comment

Thanks Jim for the help, I looked for this option in my version (4.2 MR3) and it does not seem to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by trice View Post
          You might give the following a try.

ASSIGN V1=CONE1.A/2

where cone1 is the feature name of the cone you are wanting to report.
          the syntax isn't exactly right but its close, just play with the code a bit.
          you can then build a generic feature cone and where you define the angle just put in V1.
          Then report the angle of the generic feature.

There is prob. an easier way but this is what I used in older versions.
          If memory serves me right somewhere around ver. 2010 you now have a half angle option.
          Thanks trice for the help with this. I have tried this assign function and pointed it to the cone I measured. When I hover the mouse over V1, it says V1=0 instead of the actual value of the cone angle, and that line of code is red. Not sure why it does not like using the cone measurment.

CONE.jpg

Comment

Looks like you have:
            assign/v1=CONE_15" TAPER ANGLE.ANGLE/2

Should be:
            assign/v1=CONE_15" TAPER ANGLE.A/2

Also I wouldn't leave spaces or " in a feature name.

Comment

AsBKulpa says, use only letters, numbers, and the underscore key. This is what PCDMIS recommends.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

I had to do an assignment in this manner for it to work 3side1 was an autovector point
                ASSIGN/V8 = {3SIDE1}
                ASSIGN/V9 = ABS(V8.Z)

maybe.......

TK
                sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Thank You everyone for the help with this issue. It was the name of my cone that was the issue. It was too long and did not like special characters or spaces.
                  Code worked as follows:
                  ASSIGN/V1=CONE15
                  ASSIGN/V2=V1/2
                  It did not like having the /2 in the V1 assignment either??? , that is why I ended up using the V2

Thanks Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Duke_26 View Post
                    Thank You everyone for the help with this issue. It was the name of my cone that was the issue. It was too long and did not like special characters or spaces.
                    Code worked as follows:
                    ASSIGN/V1=CONE15
                    ASSIGN/V2=V1/2
                    It did not like having the /2 in the V1 assignment either??? , that is why I ended up using the V2

Thanks Again!
                    Yup, very similar.

TK
                    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Duke_26 View Post
                      Code worked as follows:
                      ASSIGN/V1=CONE15
                      ASSIGN/V2=V1/2

Thanks Again!
                      There ya go, that's why you ONLY ever use numbers, letters, and the underscore. As for the /2, I've never had an issue with that, but you could have used brackets (cone.a)/2, but that might also have been due to the name you used.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment