Probe Qual. Problem. HELP ME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Qual. Problem. HELP ME!!

Ok, so here are the specs. B&S Xcel 7-6-5, PC-Dmis 3.7MR2, Win2k SP4.

Problem: When I calibrate a probe, PC-Dmis acts like it doesn't save the qualification results. Lets say I calibrate a 4x50 probe, it will "bump" the sphere like the sphere has moved, even though I know it hasn't. So I will go back and requalify, and tell PC-Dmis that the ball HAS moved, take my one hit on A0B0 and let it go through the motions. If I come back later, it will act like the ball has moved! It is doing this with ALL my probes!

I have made sure the search path for probes is correct, I have deleted ALL the probe files and replaced them with a back up I have used in the past, but nothing seems to work! Is there a file I can delete and replace? What happens if I delete Probe.dat? Will PC-Dmis "re-create" it? I am not having a good day. LOL.

Thanks for any advice.
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

If those 'back-up' files came from a CD, they will be tagged as READ ONLY and they will NOT update. In fact, right after you run the calibration, they will NOT be calibrated as it will still be using the values from the file, which were NOT updated by the calibration. I would think that you would get an error message when it tries to write to a read-only file though.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I actually had created a copy of my probe folder a few months ago and had it stored on a network drive, so I just deleted my probe folder in PC-Dmis Dir. then replaced it with my backed up copy. No error messages yet, but then again, no good results either.
      CMM Programmer
      Jackson Michigan
      Mistral 7.7.5
      4.3MR2

Comment

Good Morning,
        Be sure to double check the data in the probe files, such as the vectors and sphere size. It sounds like this should be an easy fix and it keeps repeating, which tells me that this is not adjusted in the calibration.
        A rule of thumb is to trouble shoot the easiest and work toward the hardest. Look at the obvious before making any major changes. I have also had instances where the tip was at A0 B0 and the probe angle on the screen was at a different angle.

Good Luck,
        A.Gore
        sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Ive had a tech that changed the prehit-retract before and didnt realize he had done it. Just keep slaming against the ball.

Comment

I moved the prehit-retract to give me more room around the sphere, but it still wants to crash on one side of the ball. It is always the same side of the sphere. The IJK's are normal, so I am totally lost on how to resolve this. And this problem occurs with ALL of the probes I use (which is a lot).

Anyone else have some suggestions to share?
            CMM Programmer
            Jackson Michigan
            Mistral 7.7.5
            4.3MR2

Comment

Check to make sure your tool was not changed. I had that happen and it crashed on every probe
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

So let's say that someone DID move the Qual. Sphere. Once I have told Dmis that YES, the tool has been moved, and I do the one hit normal to the probe, then I SHOULDN'T have to do that again, correct? And yet I still do after each shift. It seems like the probe results aren't being saved. I can get the tips qualified, but when the second shift guy comes in he has to do it all over again.
                CMM Programmer
                Jackson Michigan
                Mistral 7.7.5
                4.3MR2

Comment

Originally posted by Sl33stak
                  So let's say that someone DID move the Qual. Sphere. Once I have told Dmis that YES, the tool has been moved, and I do the one hit normal to the probe, then I SHOULDN'T have to do that again, correct? And yet I still do after each shift. It seems like the probe results aren't being saved. I can get the tips qualified, but when the second shift guy comes in he has to do it all over again.
                  Can you do a screen capture of the window that pops up after you click "measure" in the main probe screen? Maybe someone can spot something out of whack with the settings.

Comment

Did you check what Matt said? Make sure the probe files are not set to 'read-only'.

Comment

hERE YA GO
                      Last edited by Sl33stak; 11-01-2006, 09:39 AM.
                      CMM Programmer
                      Jackson Michigan
                      Mistral 7.7.5
                      4.3MR2

Comment

Am I reading that right? You are using a 1.27MM prehit and retract? I always use 5mm for prehit and retract. And, just to make sure, you are using a 25mm tool that is at a 45 degree angle to the table, right?
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Crap..LOL, I just realized I did a scren cap from the wrong machine! But the pre-hit and retract are set at 2.5mm I just opened up to 5mm to see what happens. BRB
                          CMM Programmer
                          Jackson Michigan
                          Mistral 7.7.5
                          4.3MR2

Comment

Originally posted by Sl33stak

Each time the machine is homed, a new zero point is created. So even if the qual sphere doesn't move, you need to answer 'yes' if the machine has been re-homed since the last tip qual.

HTH
                            v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                            B&S Global 544, 555
                            Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
                            Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                            (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

You might want to check you PH10T to make sure that its secure and solid . Ive Had one of ours come loose before, and it was twisted just enough that it wouldnt take its hits right.

Comment