Clear All

• Datapage Question

Datapage
    Here goes
    operator ran 200 parts for cap study they should of been in order
    but he forgot 3 parts about in the middle so we had to run them at
    the end. Now my question is there a way to move the last two parts
    ran in datapage back to were they should be. in order so that this
    would make it easier in the spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance for any help

ascii dump in the editor, then cut and paste them in the order you want.

Comment

I believe it can also be done in your datapage editor by changing the time stamp to fit it the location or time you what them to be. Using trace fields would make this job easier.

Sorry. I have done this in Excel after dump it from Datapage

BS
      Last edited by BSchwark; 03-22-2006, 11:02 AM.
      Windows 7
      Pc-Dmis 2015
      Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

I don't think you can change the transaction date IN Datapage, but you can do the ASCII dump, then open and SEARCH AND REPLACE the transaction date for the mis-ordered parts so that their dates are between the proper transactions (see below, the seconds is the only thing different to make it easier in this example)

06-03-17-10-47-10
        06-03-17-10-47-20
        06-03-17-10-47-30
        06-03-17-10-47-40
        06-03-17-10-47-50

Trans 06-03-17-10-47-50 should be the third part, so search and replace all with 06-03-17-10-47-31 then save the file and do an ASCII load. It will add the transaction in the right order, but it will NOT remove the one that is out of order, it will still be there. You do not have to dump only the 'bad' ordered transactions, you can dump them all and you can load them all. If the date already exists, then it will not load that trans back into the database, it will only load the new ones.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

AscII dump the 3 parts you missed

Open in Excel & change the date/time stamp to fit where you need em, DataPage/DataView arranges the parts by the date/time stamp & will install them as so. You cannot do a "SaveAs" when you exit Excel, you need to click on the "X" it will ask you if you want to save your changes to the "filename.DMP" answer yes, then you will get another warning window telling you that the features are not compatable with the Text format & if you still want to save as a .DMP file, answer yes.

Reload the AscII file you made the changes to & make sure everything is the way you want it before you delete the last 3 transactions.

Seem sorta confusing at 1st but it ain't too bad once you do it a couple of times.

P.S. you might want to AscII dump the entire run of parts before you start playing around cuz once you delete the transactions in the Editor, they are gone for GOOD.
          PcDmis 3.7MR4
          1 - Vento, Dual Arm
          2 - PCR's 1 W/36" Rotary Table
          1 - Dual Arm 3000
          PHS Wrists on Above Machines
          1 - Excel W/PH-10

Comment

Thanks alot for the help guys

Comment