Machine not powering up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine not powering up?

My machine will not power up, any suggestions or might this be an internal issue.

I have checked all axis lockouts and for some reason the Jog Box and probehead will not power up.

I rebooted the computer as this usaully clears up any problems but have had no success...

If anybody could offer any suggestions please let me know.

What kind of machine?

Comment

Kinda obvious...did you check your power outlets
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

The Main power is coming on...via main control box (mounted on back of desk) but there is no communication to the cmm

Comment

Mistral

Comment

If it is connected to a battery backup device, maybe it has died?
            "It is better to break the law knowingly than to do so by ignorance." - Robert Heinlein

Comment

Hooked up to Main but does have battery backup..this what you mean..

It is working...

if there is an alternate battery device for machine where would it be located?

Comment

When you say it won't power up does it do anything? Does it beep at all?

The power switches on the black boxes have fuses built into them. If you pull the power cord out you can pull the fuse and then make sure the fuses are good.

Comment

Machine does not beep and I receive no error messages.

Fuse in the main control box or the smaller one (mine is located within my desk)

The inline fuse correct?

I will check.

Comment

Originally posted by chumwum
                    The Main power is coming on...via main control box (mounted on back of desk) but there is no communication to the cmm
                    maybe the computer is freaking out and the COM port not working correctly? If you're good with computers, you can go in and see if it is functioning properly.

Right click on My Computer
                    Hardware tab
                    Device Manager
                    Ports (COM & LPT)
                    Double click on any Communications port (most computers just have the COM1)
                    Under Device Status, it should say "This device is working properly"

If not; get your IT guy. If you're the IT guy... well, more explaination can follow.

SC
                    "It is better to break the law knowingly than to do so by ignorance." - Robert Heinlein

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the jog box
                      I had this problem when mine went bad

Xcel Machine though

Comment

Hooked up to Main but does have battery backup..this what you mean..

It is working...

if there is an alternate battery device for machine where would it be located?
                        Yeah, if its powering on, the battery backup isn't the issue.

SC

Comment

Fuse doesn't appear damaged..but there is an extra one..so let me put it in and try.

Comment

okay even checked hardware devices and they are working properly.

There is no power still though to the Probe head controller box.

Would this affect the jog box as well?

Comment

Fuse doesn't appear damaged..but there is an extra one..so let me put it in and try.
                              On my machine (B&S excel) there is a fuse for the main controller and one for the renishaw probe head controller. There is also a relay that won't turn on the probe head controller until the machine start button has been pressed. Does your machine have one of these?

Comment