Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibration issues

I’m having major calibration problems.

I’m running 4.2 MR1 with a Sheffield. Everything was working fine. Was running a program checking a part when pc-dmis just closed. No error message. I rebooted everything and restarted pc-dmis. Probe files were there but nothing defining the probe and no angles.

I rebuilt my probe & added angles. I calibrate using Man+DCC it works for about 9 or so angles then I get an error stating the measurement is to far out for the particular angle.

I can make it work with using up to 6 or so angles but if I add more it won’t work.
    Sometimes it’ll work doing Man+DCC but when I go back to DCC+DCC the probe will completely miss the ball during normal calibration after 6 or so angles. It isn’t the same angles messing up either.

I’m thinking that something is corrupt but don’t know what else to do.

Any ideas?

Maybe you had a "bump" and the probehead is no longer square with the machine.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

delete that probe file, then rebuild and try again......sounds like a corrupt probe file
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Ironhoe
      I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

What file is it I delete?

Comment

Probe1.PRB
          Probe1.Results

Whatever your probe is named....
          Global Performance
          5-7-5, PH10T, 4.2-1
          Micro Xcel 7-6-5
          PH6, 4.2-1

Comment

I deleted the probe files *.prb & *.results. Built a new probe file. Added A0B0 ran calibration, told it the ball moved and took the first hit on the top of the ball. Everything was perfect. I then added A7.5B0, 90, -90, 180 and A45B0, 90, -90, 180 & A67.5B ..... & A90B ...... Measured all, told it the ball was moved took the first hit and let it rip.... It did A0B0 & All A7.5B.... Did A45B-90 all fine and missed the ball by .250 on A45B0.

I have no idea what else to do.

Comment

Create your probe file with nothing apart from A0B0.
              Calibrate it once using man+dcc after telling it the ball moved.
              Then add all the angles you need then calibrate the full probe using dcc+dcc.
              You ONLY tell pcdmis the ball/artifact moved if you ACTUALLY MOVE IT.
              If you dont move the **** thing, then dont tell it you did.
              Roses are red
              Violets are glorious
              Don't try to sneak up
              On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Originally posted by Zamlight View Post
                I deleted the probe files *.prb & *.results. Built a new probe file. Added A0B0 ran calibration, told it the ball moved and took the first hit on the top of the ball. Everything was perfect. I then added A7.5B0, 90, -90, 180 and A45B0, 90, -90, 180 & A67.5B ..... & A90B ...... Measured all, told it the ball was moved took the first hit and let it rip.... It did A0B0 & All A7.5B.... Did A45B-90 all fine and missed the ball by .250 on A45B0.

I have no idea what else to do.
                Calibrate again and closely watch each hit.
                Does the probe seem to be going where it should? Or, does it seem to be off-center.
                If your probehead has been bumped and is no longer square with the machine's axes then the further you get away from 0/0 the more "shifted" it will look until finally it will miss the sphere.
                Lately, it occurs to me
                What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
                  Create your probe file with nothing apart from A0B0.
                  Calibrate it once using man+dcc after telling it the ball moved.
                  Then add all the angles you need then calibrate the full probe using dcc+dcc.
                  You ONLY tell pcdmis the ball/artifact moved if you ACTUALLY MOVE IT.
                  If you dont move the **** thing, then dont tell it you did.

Or if you re-home the machine. Homing resets the CMM's zero point and has the effect of moving everyting on the table.
                  v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                  B&S Global 544, 555
                  Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
                  Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                  (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

I called Support and got it working with a work around after 3 hrs. To add angles I have to manualy calibrate the angel with 5 hits then do DCC+DCC. After I do it manualy with that angle it will do DCC+DCC from then on. (so far...) Richard @ tech support did a fine job.

Thanks for all the help online.

Comment