Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellipse I.D. & Ellipse Angle

Hello All
    I have an ellipse I.D. 13.7mm & 20.9mm. The I.D is checked at 4.5mm down from a plane. My question is, I need to find the angle of the ellipse from the top to the bottom of the feature which is 7.0mm in depth???? I've created six ellipse's down the 7.0mm and have made points out of all the ellipse touches. I've tried to make a cone and a feature set with no luck. I created a line out of a set of points down one side of the ellipse and tried to dimension the angle to the correct working plane with know luck!! Does any one have any suggestions?? Thanks
    Last edited by Don Henger; 11-16-2007, 10:33 AM.
    sigpicRegards,
    Donald Henger
    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

I think if you create a plane at origin and then check the angle between the plane and your line you'd have it, no?

TK
    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I would guess that you created the ellipse with surface hits. keep your first ellipse and make it origin in x,y,and z. Then measure again with no surface hits and a X nominal of 0, Y nominal of 0, and a Z nominal of -3. Change depth to zero. then measure again with no surface hits zero nominals in x and y and -6 in "Z". Change depth to 0.

This should create 3 different center points at different depths. You should be able to construct a line from these 3 points. Recall correct alignment and in proper workplane check angle.

Hope this works for you.
      Last edited by layout tech; 08-21-2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tking & Layout tech

Originally posted by layout tech
        I would guess that you created the ellipse with surface hits. keep your first ellipse and make it origin in x,y,and z. Then measure again with no surface hits and a X nominal of 0, Y nominal of 0, and a Z nominal of -3. Change depth to zero. then measure again with no surface hits zero nominals in x and y and -6 in "Z". Change depth to 0.

This should create 3 different center points at different depths. You should be able to construct a line from these 3 points. Recall correct alignment and in proper workplane check angle.

Hope this works for you.
        Thanks Tking & Layout tech; I will give both solutions a try. The ******** has pulled me off into another fire at this time so its off to the surface plate I go Thanks again.
        sigpicRegards,
        Donald Henger
        B&S Micro Excel Pfx
        3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
        PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
        Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment