Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offline programming

Hello,

I am a brand new PC-DMIS user I have installed the software at my workstation that is not connected to the CMM. I was told that it should work for offline programming. I am using the Hardlock from the CMM but the New File and Open File icons are not available for clicking. Does this mean that this Hardlock is not capable to use for CMM off line programming?

Thanks
    teamjnz

PC-Dmis 3.7mr2
    Brown & Sharpe
    XCEL 7.10.7
    PH10MQ / TP20

By searching the "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page you can find the details,

but a quick answer is. You can offline program, but the computer also has to be hooked up to the CMM, for the lock that came with the Cmm.
    sigpic

B&S Global 544
    Using 3.7mr3

Peace
    Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

and.....you could buy an offline dongle.

which is expensive
      sigpicstill core to you

Comment

Originally posted by teamjnz View Post
        Hello,

I am a brand new PC-DMIS user I have installed the software at my workstation that is not connected to the CMM. I was told that it should work for offline programming. I am using the Hardlock from the CMM but the New File and Open File icons are not available for clicking. Does this mean that this Hardlock is not capable to use for CMM off line programming?

Thanks
        Welcome to the forum -

Get whomever told you it "should" work to show you how it can be done.

$0.02 - Unless you have prior programming experience and can think in 3-D very good, offline programming is not the best method to learn PCDMIS. When you are offline you can put just about any command you want in a program, but it had better be the right command(s) when the program goes "live".
        sigpic

Comment

It cannot be done the way you were told, period....unless you were using a much older version.
          Jim Jewell

Comment

Welcome aboard! To your question.....we have 4 CMM's here and 2 off line seats. They do not function well without the use of an off line dongle. Swapping out the hardlock of the online machines is not preferred and does not work. I agree with the comments above. As a newbie starting out, you learn more sitting in the drivers seat of the machine.
            Physics dictates to man why his world acts the way it does....Chemistry tells him why it smells the way it does.

Comment