PCDmis report explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCDmis report explanation

Is there somewhere that tells you what the bar lines on the right side of the PCDmis report means? We have also had the text red on a line that is in tolereance and the OOT line is .0000. Operators and Managers are asking what this means. I need your help to explain it to them.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman
    Pcdmis does NOT stop at the displayed decimal places, it goes out to 8 or something like that. If your check is 0.0000001" past the tolerance limit, it will show OOT of 0.0000, but the line will be RED. The bar should be showing the rough location of the check within the tolerance band.
    FIFY (i think)

We have gone through this many times with QC and managers alike, and i always explain to them exactly what Matt said. Then I add that per company standards, our reports are set to 4 decimal places. And if that is STILL not good enough explanation, i ask why they inspect to color, instead of to the report data. It's kinda hard to write a rejection report when the part is .0000 OOT.

Comment

Can the color be removed from the report? When we had a black and white printer it was not a problem. I agree with the color statement. But when you see red on a report you are automatically drawn to it.

Comment

You could set the printer to print in black and white.....and not head down the slippery slope of hidden tolerances. (Though I have used matt's trick on occasion.)

Comment

I don't see a problem with Matt's method. It just retricts the dimension display to signicant digits.
          v2013 MR1, v2015.1
          B&S Global 544, 555
          Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
          Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
          (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

Originally posted by sealevel View Post
            FIFY (i think)

We have gone through this many times with QC and managers alike, and i always explain to them exactly what Matt said. And if that is STILL not good enough explanation, i ask why they inspect to color, instead of to the report data.
            Another old chestnut still doing the rounds..............are'nt management supposed to learn?
            Poleaxe

Beware the environment you live in for it will shape you
            Be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

sigpic

Comment