Settings Question 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings Question 1

Is there any way to standardize settings for every user regardless of login without setting them in each login?

Do you mean the toolbar/Windows settings?
    Go into the PCDMIS folder and you should see folders for everyone who logged on to that computer.
    Go to the primary folder you want to replicate and copy all the *.DAT files into the users folders replacing them. Everything should be the same as your primary.
    I also keep a copy of these files else where for when PCDMIS has a bad day
    "A good design is the one that allows engineers the ability to change gracefully what they forgot to do right the first time!!!"

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• nicolaeg
      Multiple Users
      by nicolaeg
      I got my CMM on a network(pcdmis v4.4).
      When I log in now with my network username I have totally different menus, settings. I am able to do changes...
      03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
    • vajnc
      toolbars settings
      by vajnc
      I would really like to know if there is possibility of importing the toolbar-personal settings which I have created in PC-DMIS 3.7, from one computer...
      11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
    • hammer
      pc-dmis startup
      by hammer
      what file or files do I need to copy to get other users profile set the same WE are in the process of setting up new users
      08-03-2006, 11:41 AM
    • TKOFaith
      Upgraded, but...toolbar settings
      by TKOFaith
      I just upgraded from 2013 to 2013 MR1. All of my toolbars are screwed up now. Is there a file I can copy and paste from 2013 that will restore my toolbar...
      01-06-2014, 01:47 PM
    • Porkchop
      Settings and Layouts
      by Porkchop

I've just upgraded to V3.7 MR3 from MR2 but didn't overwrite the old files. I'm just wondering where my personal settings are kept regarding...
      07-06-2006, 11:00 AM
    Working...
    X