Rotary table doesn't turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary table doesn't turn

I installed the rotary table on a Global, V2011. When I try to calibrate it, nothing happens. When I try to move/rotary table, nothing happens. But with the terminal, the rotary table turns well... Any idea ?

What do you mean by "installed"? Is this a Hexagon supplied table, or something you added yourself? I would contact technical support or service.
    --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
    Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment

I changed a Chameleon for a Global, in january. My Chameleon was supplied with a rotary table. I changed only the CMM, with a 4axis controller. I installed the rotary table on the Global with a local tech support.

Comment

So did you keep the old 4 axis controller or get a new one? Was your tech support Hexagon or someone else? Have you asked this technical support what the issue is?

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
        I changed a Chameleon for a Global, in january. My Chameleon was supplied with a rotary table. I changed only the CMM, with a 4axis controller. I installed the rotary table on the Global with a local tech support.
        --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gudauskas View Post
          So did you keep the old 4 axis controller or get a new one? Was your tech support Hexagon or someone else? Have you asked this technical support what the issue is?
          It's a new controller (B6CS), the Hexagon tech doesn't understand what's the issue. I post this thread to see if someone else has the same problem...
          What I don't understand is how the table can turn with terminal and can't turn with PC-DMIS. I wonder if it's a bug, or just a config problem...

Comment

Sounds like pcdmis doesn't know the rotary table is there.
            It may be a configuration issue between the controller and pcdmis.
            The terminal talks directly to the controller and not through pcdmis.
            The file that pcdmis reads to tell it what the cmm config is may need updating to show the rotary table.
            Roses are red
            Violets are glorious
            Don't try to sneak up
            On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
              Sounds like pcdmis doesn't know the rotary table is there.
              It may be a configuration issue between the controller and pcdmis.
              The terminal talks directly to the controller and not through pcdmis.
              The file that pcdmis reads to tell it what the cmm config is may need updating to show the rotary table.
              When I do the "zero", after re-boot the controller, for example, the rotary table turn to go to zero. If i turn manually the table (with the joystick), the result window shows the real angle, so PC-dmis "shows" the table, but doesn't command it !!!

Comment

It must be a config issue.
                I had a similar problem with Q6 when the controller board for the rotary blew.
                I had to reset the config file for quindos to talk to the controller so it would recognise the new board for the rotary.
                I could zero out everything from the controller itself and move the rotary with the joystick but quindos wouldn't talk to the controller and move the rotary until I reset the config file.
                Roses are red
                Violets are glorious
                Don't try to sneak up
                On Oscar Pistorius.

MIL-TFP-41C

3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

Comment

The Hexagon tech needs to call home and get some support then (if he's installing or servicing your machine). B6CS can run it, sounds like you've got everything. I also wonder if the portlock needs rotab turned on. Tell the tech to get a move on and get some real help. We have people here who can go through troubleshooting steps with him.

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
                  It's a new controller (B6CS), the Hexagon tech doesn't understand what's the issue. I post this thread to see if someone else has the same problem...
                  What I don't understand is how the table can turn with terminal and can't turn with PC-DMIS. I wonder if it's a bug, or just a config problem...
                  --Brian

Comment

8 years later, now I know why it doesn't turn : it's the vision dll...
                    But 8 years later, nothing changed
                    Is there someone who has the same problem ?
                    Is there someone at Hexagon who works on it ? *
                    I wonder...

*: If yes, can he looks at the 2014.1, when the rotary turned with vision dll...

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
                      KIRBSTER269 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's only been 6 years Jeffry, since you started this post, give them time. Your so impatient

• JEFMAN
                      JEFMAN commented
                      Editing a comment
                      3 solutions :
                      1- I believe that the solution will be find in 2019
                      2- It's time to sleep here (9:24 pm)
                      3- I'm really french

I'm trying to figure this out myself...

the rotab will only turn with a vision.dll file?
                    Ex-Hex

Comment

Originally posted by anthony.alfaro View Post
                      I'm trying to figure this out myself...

the rotab will only turn with a vision.dll file?
                      I have a CMMV_E which needs using MSI.dll as interfac.dll.
                      I also have a rotary, which uses leitz.dll as interfachelper.dll.
                      When installing PC-DMIS, the install program looks to the licence options, and then rename the rights dlls.
                      In this case, the msi.dll doesn't works with the rotary.
                      To make the rotary turn, I need to rename leitz.dll as interfac.dll, so I can't use the vision !

Comment

• anthony.alfaro
                        anthony.alfaro commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yikes! Well i hope we can get it worked out soon!