Dual Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitors

Wondering how you setup 3.7MR3 to use dual monitors. Having graphics on one screen and edit screen on the other.

Thanks!
    Josh
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Scroll to the bottom of the screen and check out the similar threads the forum pulled up for you. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco
      Scroll to the bottom of the screen and check out the similar threads the forum pulled up for you. HTH
      This is getting easier
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco
        thats so cool... auto search, me likey...

Comment

None of these helped that I could tell. I have the monitors set up and I can go from screen to screen, but, when I try and drag the graphics page over, it won't let me.

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg
            None of these helped that I could tell. I have the monitors set up and I can go from screen to screen, but, when I try and drag the graphics page over, it won't let me.
            resize pcdmis by dragging to cover both monitors, then you should be able to do what you want.
            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

No, you shoudn't have to resize PC-DMIS. Try "docking view" of your edit window then grab the edit window and move it to your otherscreen. The edit window is the only one that will move to anothe screen. I have have had my edit window on one screen and the rest of PC-DMIS on the other for about 3.5 years now and have had none of the problems other people have reported about window layouts, screens not staying docked , having to stretch PC-DMIS across 2 screens yada yada yada.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Where is "docking view" located?
                Bristol Citysigpic
                Home of the Reds

Comment

Place your cursor in the edit window and right click.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I'll try that! Thanks!

Right click on the edit window and go down to docking view.

Josh

Comment

James-

That worked....There isn't a way to actually dock it over there? There's no maximize option. If I click docking view again, it goes back to the other screen.

Comment

Create a window layout.
                        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

more issues

After setting up the windows layout, it still doesn't let me dock it on the opposite screen, maybe you can't do it. Anyways, when I start a program, the edit screen moves back on top of the graphics screen. Anyway to fix that?

Thanks!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg
                            After setting up the windows layout, it still doesn't let me dock it on the opposite screen, maybe you can't do it. Anyways, when I start a program, the edit screen moves back on top of the graphics screen. Anyway to fix that?

Thanks!

Josh
                            I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but we'll give it a shot anyway.
                            1. Open program
                            2. Right click in edit window
                            3. check Docking View
                            4. Minimize window
                            5. Drag the window to the upper left display
                            6. Left click on the lower left corner of the window and drag/expand the window onto the right-hand screen. This should give you the edit window on the left and graphics on the right display.

Hope that helps some.
                            Last edited by 56flh; 08-15-2006, 04:11 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Just a scooter pilot

Comment

more docking problems

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                              No, you shoudn't have to resize PC-DMIS. Try "docking view" of your edit window then grab the edit window and move it to your otherscreen. The edit window is the only one that will move to anothe screen. I have have had my edit window on one screen and the rest of PC-DMIS on the other for about 3.5 years now and have had none of the problems other people have reported about window layouts, screens not staying docked , having to stretch PC-DMIS across 2 screens yada yada yada.
                              The whole thing was doing good for quite some time. Now, when I open PC-Dmis, the edit screen is laying on top of the graphics screen. Its supposed to be over on the left screen. Even after I click the windows layout icon I created, it still doesn't fix it. When I drag it back over there and put it in the top left corner to resize it, it stretches all the way across both screens and ends up docking to the right screen again.

Also, when it was working properly, the edit screen would gradually grow and grow, everytime I executed a program.

Now my screens are all JACKED up!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
                              Josh

Comment