• Show
Clear All

• BIGWIG7
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• BIGWIG7
    replied
    ok so i'm practicing using QUICK FIXTURE mode and i'm kinda working my way through it.

however here is my issue, after some struggling I've got my part and clamps exactly where I want them.
    exit out of QUick Fixture mode.
    now the probe is not normal to the surface of the part. somehow during all the moving around of clamps and the part itself, the orientation of the part became skewed. the a0b0 probe is now at an angle.
    now i'm pretty sure the program will run as normal since it is following the correct vectors, but how do I visually fix this anomaly?
    Last edited by BIGWIG7; 11-06-2019, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CMM Guru
    replied
    Yeah, thats true. An assembly is a great way to go on that deal +1! I do it all the time with Catia.

Leave a comment:

• DeWain Hodge
    replied
    I build all my fixtures in SolidWorks and merge them with my model and save as an assembly so I can take points on the fixture if needed. It also helps with collision avaoidance (PCD doesn't avoid quick fixtures).

Leave a comment:

• CMM Guru
    replied
    You cant take points on models from the quick fixture function. PC-DMIS ignores the geometry. The quick fixture helps with off-line programming/part staging. If you want to place points on fixture models you must use the "file Import" function.

Leave a comment:

• David Bazinet
    started a topic Using Quick Fixture

Using Quick Fixture

Hi Guys:

I am working V4.1 offline and need some advice....

We have programs already in use for a family of parts that require taking leveling points on the top of a Mag-Block.

I imported a Quick Fixture model of a Mag-Block, and attached it to the part model [in Quick Fixture Mode], but when I try to take points on it, the points do not register.

Is there a way to make it a solid with the part model?

Thanks