Xact measure true position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xact measure true position

Trying to use the true position that is more accurate and realistic than legacy; I'm on
    the advanced window and all I want to do is provide the nominals / tolerance. I put in
    .05 metric it displays .051, I put in 69.73 dia. it displays 69.723 and so on. When I go
    back to legacy (i'm using a cad model in both cases) the dimensions are correct and
    it lets me put in the correct tolerance without changing it to something else. I'm using
    2010 mr3 in a sysytem with XP, service pack #3, also I'm using three place decimal points for metric, whats going on ??

Originally posted by sluggo9000 View Post
    Trying to use the true position that is more accurate and realistic than legacy; I'm on
    the advanced window and all I want to do is provide the nominals / tolerance. I put in
    .05 metric it displays .051, I put in 69.73 dia. it displays 69.723 and so on. When I go
    back to legacy (i'm using a cad model in both cases) the dimensions are correct and
    it lets me put in the correct tolerance without changing it to something else. I'm using
    2010 mr3 in a sysytem with XP, service pack #3, also I'm using three place decimal points for metric, whats going on ??

How are you measuring the feature? Autofeature? Scan? Most importantly, do you have find noms checked? I am guess that is what keeps changing things for you.

Another possibility is that you are not hitting the tab key after entering the info. You must hit tab, if you click elsewhere before hitting tab the info is not entered.

HTH

BTW:
    Did you read my review of the pc-dmis GD&T class? It has many helpful bits. Here is a link

Last edited by Wes Cisco; 03-08-2011, 09:06 AM. Reason: link
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

xact measure true postion

Thanks-Wes for your info, looks like you went to the school of hard knocks. I used
      auto features, but it appears that I did not have "find nominals" checked, it will take
      less time to recreat than I spent trying to edit; my nominals were exact to print
      however. I'm still waiting for Hexagon to get back to me for the official answer,
      without people like you on this site we would all be s.o.l.

Comment