X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datapage overwrites

Any Datapage people out there???

Problem:
    I measured a part and when it was done the "UPDATE DATABASE NOW?" message appeared, as usual, and I said OK... The next part, same thing. I said OK again and so on for six parts. I then opened Winview to do some reports and at the end of the list of STATS files for this part was the all the STATS from previously ran parts (Numbers 1 - 33 and at the end was number 39). Should have been 1-39. 34 was overwritten by 35 and 35 was overwritten by 36 and 36 was overwritten by 37 and so on...
    Does anyone have a clue as to why this happened and how to fix this problem. Pulling my hair out. Attachedis the STATS command in the program. All my other programs look the same, except for the 10213 is change according to the part number. I've been programming PSDMIS since version 2.65 and have never seen this before. I'm using version 3.7 MR2 now. (wish we would upgrade to 4, but I don't pull the strings at this puppet show, so ...).
    Any help would be appreciated.

STATS Line.jpg

Ghcutts

First of all, stick with 3.7, but go up to MR3 or 4 if you import step files. Second, there is a forum for Datapage specifically. Third erase your repeat posts.

Ok, to eliminate it asking you the update database questions, go to F5, dimension tab and check "Always save stats" and "Always update database"

As to why this happened, my guess is you had an issue with one of the parts and stopped the program. When you restarted the next part, it didn't advance the stat number. The other possibility, is that when it asked you the questions and you went to click "Ok", you may have canceled that transaction by accident.
    Jim Jewell

Comment

WINVIEW is just an addtion to Datapage RT. It just uses all the stats clooected and allows you to bring in the graphics of the parts and make pretty roadmaps with stats data altogether. I like, even though the graphics are a bit lacking. The new datapage is better in Winview for all that, but it sucks at this point overall right now.
      Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
        WINVIEW is just an addtion to Datapage RT. It just uses all the stats clooected and allows you to bring in the graphics of the parts and make pretty roadmaps with stats data altogether. I like, even though the graphics are a bit lacking. The new datapage is better in Winview for all that, but it sucks at this point overall right now.
        I think you are referring to "DataView".
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

DataView Winview take your pick - When you click the Dataview icon in Datapage it opens up winview.exe and it shows up as Winview on the tab at the bottom and in the Windoze border area at the top. Same animal. There is another app out there that uses DATAVIEW.EXE. That may be the reason for the use of WINVIEW.EXE

Comment