Why is my program doing a print command immediately upon hitting execute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my program doing a print command immediately upon hitting execute?

Hi all -
    I just ran into an interesting (and frustrating) scenario. I wrote a program a couple weeks ago and it executes just fine, but now I'm trying to insert a form at the beginning of the program showing how to fixture the part (which I do all the time), and as soon as I hit execute, the program does a print command - before and after the form pops up on the screen. I've inserted forms many times in the past and never had this problem, but something with the form is causing PC-DMIS to want to print before the program has even executed. I know I could uncheck the print boxes for print to file and print to printer, but I want them to print so that won't really work for me. I'm running 4.3 MR1 if that helps - any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks in advance.

I usually have all print boxes unchecked (in the file>printing menu) and use print report commands (insert>report command>print) at the end of my programs
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Good idea - I've never actually inserted a print command, I've always had print to file or print to printer checked in the report window print setup menu. Your solution works well (and even saves paper when programming), I'll definitely be doing that in all future programs...Thanks a million!

Comment

I would like to know how to set up the auto print after running reports. My issue is that the reports are not printing automatically after the reports are run. I have checked every setting I can find and still no printing.

I am running PCDMIS version 3.7 on a win Xp pro machine.

Comment

Report/Printsetup/

Click the little "print" box......
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

Can't remember V43, does the form command have an in line option on it? Meaning it wants to print in the same pdf file as the report? If there, can you set it to "NO"?

Comment