SP25 SCANNING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP25 SCANNING

COULD SOMEONE TAKE A SNAP SHOT OF THERE 'OPTION PROBE' AND 'MOTION' SETTINGS (PARAMETER SETTINGS) THAT THEY ARE USING FOR THE SP25 PROBE. FLYMODE AND ANY OTHER SETTINGS YOU CAN THINK OF TOO.

I CONSTRUCTED A CYL. SCAN OFF-LINE - SEEMED TO WORK

I THEN CREATED A FILTER FEATURE USING THE APPLY FILTER/ REMOVE OUTFLIERS - DO YOU SELECT CYLINDRICAL FOR THE FILTER TYPE? WHAT SETTINGS FOR FILTER WIDTH, CUTOFF FREQ., STAN. DEV. MUNTI.??

I THEN WENT TO REPORT THE FEATURE SET ( FILTER FEATURE) I CHOOSE TP AND THEN CLICKED ONTO THE FEATURE AND WOW PCDMIS WAS GONE, NO ERROR, NO BLUE BLANK SCREEN, JUST GONE. I OPENED IT AGAIN A RETRIED, WOOSH! GONE

ARE FEATURE SETS DIMENSIONAL? WHY DOES IT KICK ME OUT?

IS 4.1 OUT ON DISK YET?

THANKS IN ADVANCED - VONDY
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

4.1 will not be sent out. It is a maintenance release. Only the global release versions are sent. You must download the .1, .2, .3 versions. When they come out with 5.0 that will be sent out top everyone(though it could take a while for them to get to you).
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Hi James, I don't think V4.1 is being classed as a maintainance release, certainly from a code perspective it was not from the V4.0 code stream. I think simply V4.0 didn't have an MR because V4.1 was ready soon(ish) after. i.e. If V4.1 needs an MR, there would be an V4.1 MR1.

The next release proper after V4.1 will be V4.2 later this year, and then V4.3, which will be the first release of 2007. I've not heard reference to a V5.0 yet!!

Comment

Originally posted by nkayWAI
        I've not heard reference to a V5.0 yet!!
        Give it a week or 2.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by nkayWAI
          Hi James, I don't think V4.1 is being classed as a maintainance release, certainly from a code perspective it was not from the V4.0 code stream. I think simply V4.0 didn't have an MR because V4.1 was ready soon(ish) after. i.e. If V4.1 needs an MR, there would be an V4.1 MR1.

The next release proper after V4.1 will be V4.2 later this year, and then V4.3, which will be the first release of 2007. I've not heard reference to a V5.0 yet!!
          nKayWAI,
          Can you enlighten me as to what you mean by the highlighted statement in the quote?
          And while you are at it enlighten all of the guests on the user forum as to the methodology that will be used for calling out the PC-DMIS releases? The reason I ask this is because there is some question (at least in my mind) as to how the different versions of PC-DMIS will be named. I was of the understanding that all global releases were going to be called 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and so on. It was also my understanding that all maintenance releases were then to have a .1, .2, .3 etc name convention?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I'll try. When a version is released, that source code is "frozen". An MR release will be from that frozen code stream e.g. V37MR3 came from the V37 Release stream.
            V4.1 was split from the V4.0 code steam well before the V4.0 release, so it is not an MR of V4.0, but a seperate release in it's own right. MRs also don't have new enhancements, just critical bug fixes. V4.1 has new enhancements, another sure sign that it's not an MR in all but name.

I don't know of the policy about naming releases, I've not seen the information you refer to. I just know internally we are talking about V4.2 and V4.3 releases. That said, I'm also not ruling out at a later time, V4.3 could get renamed to V5.0. Normally jumps of the major version number accompany big functionality releases. I guess it would depend on what's going into V4.3. It's more a marketing decision.

Comment