why do my reports keep appending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do my reports keep appending?

i ran a program i just wrote and it printed out the report for me just fine. now when i run the program it wants to keep the last report + the first report and so on. in the file printer option i put overwrite but thats pertaining to saving a pdf right? any help please......

File>Printing>Report Window Print Setup>

The first indented tick box is "append".

Untick it.

HTH (Hope This Helps)

sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

i tried that, is'nt that to overwrite a file when saving though? i'm kinda new to demis so i dont know ..... but i do know i miss Zeiss lol lol do i just have a crappy install for my softwear or is pc demis really the glitch,bug whatever you would call it filled? so i still have a file that keeps appending the current check to the last check and my dont have enough paper for all the printing please help someone. and wes thanks for the input wish it would have worked

Comment

How are you printing? Code in the report window? In that case there's a variable to clear past executions.

Comment

Do you have a print command in your program?

If you do , at the bottom of that command
          set
          PREVIOUS_RUNS=DELETE_INSTANCES

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

i'm stumped, i dont have a print command the in the program. i dont even know how to put a report command in. i have the veiw report mode clicked on the report window but it keeps jumping to the view last report mode after i start the program.... i need a big hammer.
            Last edited by camaroman; 07-21-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Are you partial executing, or starting from cursor? If so, turn the business end of that hammer towards you.

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman View Post
                i'm stumped, i dont have a print command the in the program. i dont even know how to put a report command in. i have the veiw report mode clicked on the report window but it keeps jumping to the view last report mode after i start the program.... i need a big hammer.
                Are you sure about that? Did you try selecting the view last report icon instead of the view report in the report window?
                sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

no i'm not sure lol stupid demis lol lol ok i have a program window and a report window on my screen. is there supposed t be a preport command intered in the program window?

Comment

chally 72 YESS i am exicuting from curser ... does this have something to do with it?

Comment

Yes. You need to fully execute, otherwise it never wipes the previous report from memory and will keep adding to it.

Comment

that sucks so how do i run multiple parts after i locate the part with manual mode. i dont want to manually set up everytime. so i was doing man. the first time then scrolling down to "dcc" and exicuting from there for the rest of the parts.

Comment

Mark the features. Do you know how to mark and unmark sections of code? (Change them blue in the edit window.) Anything blue will not execute. So you can mark the manual stuff, and hit execute and do a full execution without running your manual alignment.

Or you can put a square on the CMM table, make an external alignment from it, corner parts in the square, and never manually align ever again.

Comment

this miserable software is so much crap... I suggest MM4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhoe View Post
                              this miserable software is so much crap... I suggest MM4.
                              rubbish.................GeoMet is so much better, especially the version written back in the early 70's....very stable
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Ironhoe
                              I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment