Extra touch?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Extra touch?

    I'm programming a part starting with manual circles on bosses. I have sample touches turned on as I will be using an iterative alignment. I go to measure the circle starting with the 3 sample hits and something is wrong before it will let me measure them it makes me measure one point on the center of the boss before letting me measure the sample hits. This would be bad enough but now I go to DCC mode and do the same thing here and before it does sample hits it crashes into the top of the boss trying to touch a point deep inside the boos before going to the sample hit. Has anyone an idea on what might be happening. Just returned from a couple of days off and thinking might have had little fingers messing with settings but I'm not seeing it.

  • #2
    check initial and perm hits.
    also if you are doing manual alignment why use sample hits at all??
    manual should get you close enough to use iterative without sample hits unless you need surface vectors.
    Roses are red
    Violets are glorious
    Don't try to sneak up
    On Oscar Pistorius.

    MIL-TFP-41C

    3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
      check initial and perm hits.
      also if you are doing manual alignment why use sample hits at all??
      manual should get you close enough to use iterative without sample hits unless you need surface vectors.
      Sample hits are a must with out them I would have no height measurement.

      Comment


      • #4
        show the code then
        Roses are red
        Violets are glorious
        Don't try to sneak up
        On Oscar Pistorius.

        MIL-TFP-41C

        3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

        Comment


        • #5
          This is the message I'm getting before it asks for the sample hits.

          Take hit 1 of 1 at -8.4738, 94.022, 16.1559 for feature ID = MCR1

          Comment


          • #6
            what part of "post the code then" dont you get?
            we need to see the full code for the hole.
            that message doesnt mean anything.
            Roses are red
            Violets are glorious
            Don't try to sneak up
            On Oscar Pistorius.

            MIL-TFP-41C

            3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

            Comment


            • #7
              Mcr1 =feat/contact/circle,cartesian,out,least_sqr
              theo/<-3.4738,94.022,16.1559>,<-1,0,0>,5.4003,5,0,360
              actl/<-3.4738,430.5663,-439.4373>,<-1,0,0>,5.4003,5,0,360
              targ/<-3.4738,94.022,16.1559>,<-1,0,0>
              angle vec=<0,0,1>
              direction=ccw
              show advanced measurement options=yes
              remeasure=no
              surface=theo_thickness,0
              measure mode=nominals
              rmeas=none,none,none
              auto wrist=no
              graphical analysis=no
              screen capture=no
              feature locator=no,no,""
              show_contact_parameters=yes
              numhits=4,depth=-1,pitch=0
              sample hits=3,spacer=-1.5
              avoidance move=no,distance=8
              find hole=disabled,onerror=no,read pos=no
              showhits=no

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pwhitsa View Post
                what part of "post the code then" dont you get?
                we need to see the full code for the hole.
                that message doesnt mean anything.
                Originally posted by Tested
                If you don't like it leave
                Errrmmm, you are the one asking the question, don't get all snotty when someone tries to help
                If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
                Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Snaggy View Post
                  Errrmmm, you are the one asking the question, don't get all snotty when someone tries to help
                  Sorry didn't mean it as it came out. I apologize if it sounded snotty.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tested View Post
                    Mcr1 =feat/contact/circle,cartesian,out,least_sqr
                    theo/<-3.4738,94.022,16.1559>,<-1,0,0>,5.4003,5,0,360
                    actl/<-3.4738,430.5663,-439.4373>,<-1,0,0>,5.4003,5,0,360
                    targ/<-3.4738,94.022,16.1559>,<-1,0,0>
                    angle vec=<0,0,1>
                    direction=ccw
                    show advanced measurement options=yes
                    remeasure=no
                    surface=theo_thickness,0
                    measure mode=nominals
                    rmeas=none,none,none
                    auto wrist=no
                    graphical analysis=no
                    screen capture=no
                    feature locator=no,no,""
                    show_contact_parameters=yes
                    numhits=4,depth=-1,pitch=0
                    sample hits=3,spacer=-1.5
                    avoidance move=no,distance=8
                    find hole=disabled,onerror=no,read pos=no
                    showhits=no
                    The height of the feature is shown as 5mm.
                    Thats why its looking for a zero height 5mm lower than your target.
                    The avoidance move distance shouldn't be there.
                    That shouldn't have an effect however I would change it to 0.
                    There doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with the code.
                    Roses are red
                    Violets are glorious
                    Don't try to sneak up
                    On Oscar Pistorius.

                    MIL-TFP-41C

                    3.7mr3, 2012mr1, 2013mr1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It wants to take a hit on the center of the stud. Usually this means you have a value in for thickness. Try turning off your sample hits, then back on, or recreate the feature. It may be corrupt.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chally72 View Post
                        It wants to take a hit on the center of the stud. Usually this means you have a value in for thickness. Try turning off your sample hits, then back on, or recreate the feature. It may be corrupt.
                        Still trying to drive thru the boss.
                        I even tried a making new program still there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think some version/s of PC-DMIS had problems with this kind of measurement - which version are you running?
                          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                            I think some version/s of PC-DMIS had problems with this kind of measurement - which version are you running?
                            4.2 MR1 been running it sence it came out, never a problem before.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It might be that you have a negative depth on an outer feature. I am trying to remember what causes it to ask for a hit on the center of a stud. This happens on OD only and has something to do with either depth or thickness, I know it.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X