Finding edge of radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding edge of radius

I know this sounds like a stupid question but I am using 2010 mr1 cad software and I am trying to get a edge of a radius of a part and I am having troubles pulling the dimension

Not sure what you're asking, but if ti's as simple as the edge of a radius (from cir1)
    maybe something like:

assign/v1 = cir1.x+rad

create generic feature

report location

HTH

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

ok what I am trying to get is from a center of a hole to the edge of the part which is a radius. What I have tried to do what takes point in the edge then create a circle but the it gives me is to the center versus the edge. I used cad++ in the past and I am thinking it was easier to pull the dimension

Comment

If you are wanting the theoretically sharp edge as if the radius wasn't there you need to use "edge point" or "corner point".

Comment

not sure if it's what you are after, but create a point from cir 'the hole' then create a dimension-->distance from that point to the outer cir (the radius) and under circle options check the radio button 'add radius'

HTH
          Last edited by sealevel; 07-03-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment