Surface profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface profile

I'm struggling with the surface profile form and location option. For example, the print callout is profile of .03 to -B- with a BASIC dim of 18mm for location. Which means surface profile must fall in a zone of 18mm +/-.015 oriented and referenced to -B- datum. When I use surface profile form and location I get 0 for a nominal and basically the same results if I were to use parallel. What’s up with that? The help file example shows a nominal and measured of 5.000.

Just use surface hits and dim it 18mm +/-.015 using the T value as your profile callout. How big and area is it. you can space them depending of the size of the area. Just before you dimension use a comment to report the Say "Dim 1 .030mm Profile to -B-" or Dim 1 Profile to -B- 18.0mm +/- .015 something like that
    Last edited by Paul Sarrach; 08-10-2006, 06:44 PM.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

First, is your convention metric or inch? Is the convetion carring across the nomial inputs and the tolerance inputs?
      Your profile should always be measured with an scan, point data taken from the cad, or an auto feature using keyed in data only.
      Let me know what you find out, I'll be here.

Gabriel
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cumofo
        First, is your convention metric or inch? Is the convetion carring across the nomial inputs and the tolerance inputs?
        Your profile should always be measured with an scan, point data taken from the cad, or an auto feature using keyed in data only.
        Let me know what you find out, I'll be here.

Gabriel
        Cumofo, Profiles do not always have to be done in a scan. As a matter of fact in the auto industry they perfer individual poinst, so they can see how the surface is moving " 1 point every 100 mm" . And with a very large part it is impractical to do a scan, say you have a surface that is 4 feet by two feet of what ever. That also goes for trim profiles, they perfer individual edge points. Are you in the auto industry and what is you average size of a part?
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Individual points is what I normally do for profile. I was just confused because in the help file it shows a nominal of 5mm. Plus were to cheap to purchase a CAD license for this system and we don't have a scan head. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Whaaaaaaatttttttt?

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Just another SPAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment